Is it me? (1 Viewer)

May 10, 2012
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Don’t own one.
Exp
Since 2006(1986 VW T25)
Just phoned a campsite and asked usual questions. when asked for charges was told £15 for pitch per night, £3 per person per night but all amenities are free, but we charge £3 per person per day to use them:Eeek:. IS IT ME OR WHAT.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Just phoned a campsite and asked usual questions. when asked for charges was told £15 for pitch per night, £3 per person per night but all amenities are free, but we charge £3 per person per day to use them:Eeek:. IS IT ME OR WHAT.

It's not you, but I'm trying to keep off the doom and gloom, :thumb: so can't say a lot::bigsmile:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07

:Eeek:Mo says we have to be happy .... so we will blame it on WHAT. . . not you. :Eeek:

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Just booked one night at the caravan club site at Cheshire Oakes only so we can be sure of arriving at A.S. air suspension on time £26.10 per night. We have decided that we are both having at least three hot showers to ensure that we get value for money

The daft thing is it is almost booked solid

Last edited:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Just booked one night at the caravan club site at Cheshire Oakes only so we can be sure of arriving at A.S. air suspension on time £26.10 per night. We have decided that we are both having at least three hot showers to ensure that we get value for money
We're going to a commercial site (Ketch) at Worcester next week. £15 a night including EHU. Just as a matter of interest I looked at the CC and C&CC rates for Blackmore, a few miles further out of the city, earlier and both are over £23 a night. Showers are 20p at Ketch but we'll probably use the van shower anyway. We're only taking an EHU pitch because that's all they have.

Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Even range eggs aren't free,which strikes me as a clear case of misrepresentation. The reason Cheshire Fair oaks site is full, may have something to do with the mother of all shopping outlets half a mile down the road. Once spent a long weekend there doing the Christmas shopping. Not my choice "ours not to reason why". Spent so much Santa had to make 3 runs.:Smile:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Not much dog walking there Alan. But you can get to the canal to walk if you cross the main road and go into the estate and ask someone then the way. I had a nice meal at the pub just outside the site ... if it is affordable after those camping rates!!!!:whatthe:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
We're booked up to stay at Silverknowes CC site in Edinburgh towards the end of August, it's costing us £23.60 per night. We tried other places for something a bit less but everywhere is booked solid because of the Edinburgh festival. Another place we found was £25 per night:Angry:

We normally wouldn't go at peak times but we got tickets for Tim Vine and that's on 26th August.

The annoying thing is, that once you go into September the prices all drop down, the pitch price and the cost per person goes down by a few pounds:Sad:

Margaret

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We're booked up to stay at Silverknowes CC site in Edinburgh towards the end of August, it's costing us £23.60 per night. We tried other places for something a bit less but everywhere is booked solid because of the Edinburgh festival. Another place we found was £25 per night:Angry:

We normally wouldn't go at peak times but we got tickets for Tim Vine and that's on 26th August.

The annoying thing is, that once you go into September the prices all drop down, the pitch price and the cost per person goes down by a few pounds:Sad:

Margaret

There's a meet up there in the ccc sites thing with bus in to Edinburgh for £6 pu pn probably to late for you now but there is a phone number
Perhaps not right to put it on here but I will pm it to you if you want:Smile:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We've found the C&CC THSs & Meets friendly and welcoming as well as very reasonably priced. The ones organised by the Motor Caravanners Section, especially, usually have a bus stop nearby.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
C&CC gives discounts for members and even more for over 60s... I think their charges are not bad, but all is expensive at this time of year.

Catherine

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back