What is it doing where you are now. (1 Viewer)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
After a day of will it or won't it rain here in North Wales, it has finally decided it will, rain bouncing of the conservatory roof and thunder banging around ( I just love watching thunder and lightning) but then I am a bit strange :Eeek:

Whats it doing where you are now, lets have are own accurate weather report. :Smile:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Hi Carol,
It is a lovely day here in Skyreburn........the sun is shining, there is a lovely little breeze off the sea, I have the fan on to keep me cool up here at the computer:thumb:
We did get a bit of rain last night, but nothing to worry about. The only problem is we had lightning last Tuesday and it fried out BT line outside, so we have had no landline since then. The Vodafone mast was also "zapped" and it took them 4 days to sort that out:Angry:
We're on a "dongle" for the computer and it is quite slooooooowwww, but apart from that, the weather is suiting me just fine, perfect in fact:thumb:

Margaret

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Margaret we have just got to do Scotland again, sounds lovely, just shows the variation in the weather just in these 3 posts though.

Up until now we have had amazing weather here in North Wales for the last month, lets hope this is just a blip.:Smile:

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
Down in Whitby for a few days, wind has died down, just had a short shower but still very pleasant. The wind was very strong last night and this morning, there was much frantic winding in of awnings early on. Trying to see how long we can last with no hook up, no solar and no geni. 3 days so far and looking good, can't charge the tablet so rationing time on line.

Tibs

Free Member
May 22, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Tstar680
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Carol
Beautiful sunny evening here in Frinton on sea, Essex. :Smile:

Oct 22, 2012
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T590
Exp
Rained plenty in the night but been a very pleasant day till approx 3.00 pm when heavy shower. Several light showers since but humidity rising again. That's west Leeds (Horsforth). Rex

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Beautiful day up at Millers Field at Ambleside------started off like it was going to rain all day but turned into a real good one

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
Hi Carol

Quite a bit of rain last night, but today we have just had a few quick showers, however - it looks as if any minute we are going to have a heavy session.:Sad:

Mike

Welland Steam Rally

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
What isit doing here?:Sad:
I'm going to get a big rock to roll infront of the door
It's absolute chaos! thats what it is:cry:

They've only been here two days, I'm bloody exhausted:cry: Clothes all over the place, wet suits on the line, being force fed "chocolate Pillows" bloodyI Phones beeping

Puzzles??? More like brain torture:cry:

But ! Hey! loving every minute!:thumb:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
After a day of will it or won't it rain here in North Wales, it has finally decided it will, rain bouncing of the conservatory roof and thunder banging around ( I just love watching thunder and lightning) but then I am a bit strange :Eeek:

[HI]Whats it doing where you are now, lets have are own accurate weather report. :Smile:[/[/HI]FONT]

Down ere in deepest Devon it`s Sunny... :thumb:

No it`s not it`s gone dark... :Angry:

Now it`s raining.... :cry:

No it`s not it`s Sunny...

Now it`s blowing a hooley.. :Eeek:

No the wind has stopped and it`s Sunny... :thumb:

No it`s not it`s Pouring with rain... :ROFLMAO:.

That`s about as accurate as it gets, timed at 7-45pm.. :thumb:

May 10, 2012
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Don’t own one.
Exp
Since 2006(1986 VW T25)
Here in Edinburgh; rained heavily all night and until about midday then sunshine know coming over black like it's the end of the world. And no it's not the night fall.

autoswan

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
i`m a newbie
Southern Brittany we had thunderstorm over night neighbour from Bridgend woke us early to say canopy was full enough with rain to let it out before it collapsed lol. Brightened up by dinner time , doing the mâchéraina dance by the pool now :Cool::Smile:

D

DM14742

Deleted User
Weather's been very pleasant down in Swanage, plenty of Sun bit of cloud & a few showers (just started hammering down ). We are away with the Grandkids so after a lovely day on the beach brought them back to the site for a swim in the Pool only to find out that someone had dropped a turd in it so they had to close it. I go to the most salubrious of places :Eeek:

Spottycatz

Free Member
Feb 17, 2013
Racodorm
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low Profile
Exp
Still making mistakes! But they're not as costly.
We turned the lights on when we got up this morning and they won't go off till we go to bed. It's been chucking it down since 11 this morning and still is! Wind from the North, temperature on my garage wall 14 deg C. :cry:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Been a perfect day here in Leicestershire

No rain warm gentle breeze soft cloud cover

just perfect.

Roger & Sheila:Smile:::bigsmile:

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Well Carol,sorry to be late to the party,here we have just got intermittent power back for the first time since the big storm of Friday night.
The roads around here are littered with broken trees some blown as far as 50 metres into the fields.Power cables down across many roads and could only get to nearest shop last evening on my scooter.
Pesonally I have a flooded kitchen,food in freezer and fridge ruined,it is still mid 30's here!tiles off and garden furniture blown all over the place but calmer now and I am lucky as French news saying some folk won't get leccy back till Tuesday,can't say I am surprised by that considering.
Time for a beer methinks.:Blush:

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Hi Carol,its been a great weekend up here,sunny and a bit of breeze to keep us cool whilst we've been up in the hills berry picking,hope you had a nice weekend also, cheers Alf

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Just shows how fun works between tea time, when I posted this, we have had accurate weather reports from Scotland / IOM / London / Devon / France / Sweden and lots more, just love how this forum works.:thumb:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
weve had showers on and off all day in east dorset and the suns stopped shining now:cry: oh yeah its night time isnt it :ROFLMAO:

seriously though just the occasional shower but still pleasantly warm here

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
A bit late to post but at the time this thread was started we had enjoyed a blisteringly hot days rowing on the River Nene. We were staying at a little CS near Rushden, pitched with a pretty little lake, complete with a family of swans with signets, at the back of the van and the tranquil, sedate River Nene about 10 metres at the front of the van. Woke up the next morning to a raging river about 4ft higher and the little lake at the back considerably higher and now about 3ft from the van!

Funny thing is we had a very short period of heavy rain but somewhere up river it must have been biblical. Got back to Market Harborough to see the town centre clearing up after flooding, those poor shop owners. :Sad:

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Just back from Finewood Northamptonshire which the Caravan club laughingly call Stamford but which is 12 miles from there. Had a great week-end with plenty of walks, sunny and hot but heavy rain from about 20:30 Saturday night.
Great site, no toilets or showers but the cafe next door has toilets from 09:00 to 18:00 for those number two's.

M

Madwife

Deleted User
We are in Waterville Co Kerry and it is a beautiful breezy sunny day. However our journey here yesterday saw us driving through thunderstorms and very flooded roads - in fact the road was closed later on with landslides! Howie now testing the Guinness again!

Kath and Howie

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back