I Will Understand If You Choose To Call Me... (1 Viewer)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
If you choose to call me Mr Classic Hymer 660 (1987) Electrical Repair Genius instead of JJ.

Using a wiring diagram, Google translate, a multimeter, two screw drivers, a short length of very thin wire, a 12 millimetre open ended spanner, a bit of old bicycle inner tube, some electrical tape and a lot of thinking I have fixed the mains charging system in the Hymer.

I established there was no charge to the batteries when on EHU or plugged in genny.

I located the Elektromatic LA 75 ladergerat (charger) on the diagram and then in real life behind the second leisure battery under the dinette rear sofa.

I removed the battery (heavy)... partially removed the charger... noticed two sticky out, tube like fuse thingies... found one tiny fuse blown... repaired (temporarily) with a bit of very thin wire (couldn't find a nail) and Robert is you father's brother... all working beautifully!

Well chuffed...

Knowledge is power

JJ :Cool:

Attachments

• 20130727_182813.jpg
    20130727_182813.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
If you choose to call me Mr Classic Hymer 660 (1987) Electrical Repair Genius instead of JJ.

Using a wiring diagram, Google translate, a multimeter, two screw drivers, a short length of very thin wire, a 12 millimetre open ended spanner, a bit of old bicycle inner tube, some electrical tape and a lot of thinking I have fixed the mains charging system in the Hymer.

I established there was no charge to the batteries when on EHU or plugged in genny.

I located the Elektromatic LA 75 ladergerat (charger) on the diagram and then in real life behind the second leisure battery under the dinette rear sofa.

I removed the battery (heavy)... partially removed the charger... noticed two sticky out, tube like fuse thingies... found one tiny fuse blown... repaired (temporarily) with a bit of very thin wire (couldn't find a nail) and Robert is you father's brother... all working beautifully!

Well chuffed...

Knowledge is power

Thats the sort of write up we put on invoices JJ
Instead of, replaced fuse and it worked £90:ROFLMAO:
G

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Don't believe any of it for even a minute.
This is a Magic Circle thing.

Come on, JJ...........
How was it really done?? :winky:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Repairing the on board charger eh !!!. Is this in readiness for your change of heart regarding the use of campsites :RollEyes: :ROFLMAO:

peter H

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2008
Neath, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Nearly 4 years
Ah, blown fuse eh.

I wonder it blew in the first place!

Peter

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
So
a bit of weight lifting
A bit electrick magicarey
A little uri gellering
A little bit of ballon enginering
Two non alcoholic beveridges ( screwdrivers)
A bit of reading of squigley lines
Bit of hidy seekey.

And abracadabra electrick trickery a new stage act is bjorn

Oohhh and super well done master of the wires
And many things illuminating :thumb:

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
A WARNING TO ALL FUNSTERS ATTENDING MALVERN DON'T ENTER JJ'S VAN WITH A DRINK IN YA HAND AND ANY FORM OF WATER ON YA FEET IF HE TURNS HIS LECI ON YA A GONNA :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
JJ......the fried bentos sparky::bigsmile:

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Be careful JJ, I walked down to the 'club' one Saturday night and saw a fire engine parked outside, apparently one of the busy body members had 'fixed' the PA system by making up a new fuse to replace the blown one, set fire to the stage:Eeek:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007

Well chuffed...

Knowledge is power

May I suggest that any funster parking near JJ in Malvern either carry some spare fire extinguishers or ask for a refund, Chernobyl seems a safer bet.

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
where did the inner tube thingy bit go?:Confused:

It was used to insulate the positive battery terminal... the battery is a little taller than the orignal.

(Inner tube is great for making your own strong rubber bands too.)

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
It was used to insulate the positive battery terminal... the battery is a little taller than the orignal.

(Inner tube is great for making your own strong rubber bands too.)

im shocked! JJ out of bed before six in the morning:Eeek:
is the world about to end?:ROFLMAO:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
JJ,I bet you are the proud owner of a Blue Peter Badge ..... if not you could always make your own from a FB tin, a corn flake packet and a plastic Fairy Liquid bottle, all held together with Gaffa tape and a old inner tube!:Cool:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
JJ,I bet you are the proud owner of a Blue Peter Badge ..... if not you could always make your own from a FB tin, a corn flake packet and a plastic Fairy Liquid bottle, all held together with Gaffa tape and a old inner tube!:Cool:

Where do you think Blue Peter source their badges? :roflmto:

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
We're not very practical so if we need any electrical DIY done at the Malvern show could we pay in Fray Bentos pies, they are dead cheap in Lidls at the moment?:Smile:

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
im shocked! JJ out of bed before six in the morning:Eeek:
is the world about to end?:ROFLMAO:

Hi Chris... great to see you and Fran will be at Malvern...

Hate to disappoint you but nearly all my internet stuff is done on my phablet theses days and can be done easily from my bed!

Indeed this post has been done so...:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
We're not very practical so if we need any electrical DIY done at the Malvern show could we pay in Fray Bentos pies, they are dead cheap in Lidls at the moment?:Smile:

Charge a Funster for helping them?

NEVER.

Last edited:

robi49

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Beith
Funster No
MH
low profile Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Lecy repair

Well chuffed...

Knowledge is power

Love the nail bit you were obviously a council spark in an other life.
What a live wire well done.:thumb:

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Ah, blown fuse eh.

I wonder it blew in the first place!

Peter

Maybe 25 years of operating?

Be careful JJ, I walked down to the 'club' one Saturday night and saw a fire engine parked outside, apparently one of the busy body members had 'fixed' the PA system by making up a new fuse to replace the blown one, set fire to the stage:Eeek:

I will be amazed if the single strand of wire used (see photo) can pass enough current through it to start a fire...:ROFLMAO:

May I suggest that any funster parking near JJ in Malvern either carry some spare fire extinguishers or ask for a refund, Chernobyl seems a safer bet.

I refer you to the answer I posted above..

Attachments

• 20130728_111620.jpg
    20130728_111620.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 26

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
You are indeed a genius JJ. Good understanding or foreign electrics too - which don't always have the same/standardised colors or wire numbers. Glass fuse are available at any garage or car shop, as are conti's if you have those. The copper wire will do fine for the mean time, until you get a proper fuse.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back