Is there an alternative to Nature Pure? (1 Viewer)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We use a filter jug in the van (and normally boil water before drinking anyway) but I've recently looked at fitting a Nature Pure unit.

I've measured up several times and can't find a practical way of fitting a Nature Pure filter into our van because of the depth it requires. A Nature Pure unit could be fitted if it could be mounted horizontally, rather than vertically, but I understand that is not possible.

So, are there any alternative products on the market which will do a similar job to Nature Pure?

capinpugwash

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2005 (20 years Caravan before that)
Graham, I have one of these in my van.....is it the sort of thing you are after?

Link Removed

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Graham, I have one of these in my van.....is it the sort of thing you are after?

Link Removed

Hi Graham, we have one of these fitted horizontally and it worked fine.

However, due to finding a problem obtaining filters, I have now bypassed it and fitted a Nature Pure system.

It took me ages to find where to fit the NP vertically but finally managed to fit it behind the a cupboard under our cooker.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

capinpugwash

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2005 (20 years Caravan before that)
Hi Graham, we have one of these fitted horizontally and it worked fine.

However, due to finding a problem obtaining filters, I have now bypassed it and fitted a Nature Pure system.

It took me ages to find where to fit the NP vertically but finally managed to fit it behind the a cupboard under our cooker.

In case anyone else has problems finding replacement cartridges, this is a link to a supplier

http://www.thecaravanshop.co.uk/ind...ilter&_a=viewCat&Submit_x=0&Submit_y=0&page=1

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Thanks both but, looking at the data sheet, I think I would have to go for the E2 to give a real advantage over the filter jug we already have and its size would make even horizontal fitting difficult in the space I have available.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi graham .i use a doulton berkenfeld system Broken Link Removed
you would only need the filter system . but have a look here as well.http://www.doultonwaterfilters.co.u...rial-ultracarb-10-water-filter-cartridge.html
i use the ultracarb . slightly different mount to the pic . i mounted it above the sink just use it for drinking water.you should be able to see it here the white tube with chrome tap on top.

Attachments

• img013.jpg
    img013.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 64

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi. just thought it might fit . have you no room under the sink for something ?re route the water pipes . my mate as his fitted in his gas locker .

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I had the same problem Graham, except I had no room for the supplied tap.

Easy solution....fit it in the bathroom.
This also gives you filtered water for brushing teeth etc.

No hardship walking a few feet from the galley tap to the bathroom.

If you aren't using the supplied tap then fit the filter ANYWHERE in the cold pipe...but depending where, you may be filtering shower water too.

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Thanks for the suggestions.

The problem we have is that the only place with practical access to the cold water supply is under the sink. Anywhere else (including the washroom) would involve major surgery and/or removal/replacement of fittings both for fitting and for cartridge replacement.

Under the sink, though, there is insufficient depth between the shelves to fit a NP unit. Possibly the only solution would be to remove one of the shelves and cut a chunk out of it to allow fitting of the NP unit before replacing the shelf. Even then it may well involve some hassle when the time came to replace the cartridge.

What I really need is a unit which can be mounted horizontally beneath the worktop and above the higher of the shelves.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I looked into Nature pure, but found the special hose and fittings it needs are not available in a long enough length to enable me to fit it where I want to.
However, I have been motorhoming for 30 odd years now, and have never suffered any adverse effects from drinking whatever water is available, so probably won't bother.

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I spoke to Harald on the Nature Pure stand at Malvern at the weekend and, unfortunately, confirmed that I can't fit one of their filters without major surgery to the van. The new ones can be mounted horizontally but that still leaves me with a problem in connecting the water pipes. The supplied connector hoses will not fit the existing hoses.

The cold feed is a half inch hose with no play in it, into which the tail from the (Comet?) tap fits and is held by a jubilee clip. So, what I need is a filter device which has an inlet pipe with the equivalent fitting to the tap tail and an outlet which enables the tap tail to be fitted to it.

I expect the only device which fits the bill will be available only in cloud cuckoo land - unless anyone knows any better ::bigsmile:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I spoke to Harald on the Nature Pure stand at Malvern at the weekend and, unfortunately, confirmed that I can't fit one of their filters without major surgery to the van. The new ones can be mounted horizontally but that still leaves me with a problem in connecting the water pipes. The supplied connector hoses will not fit the existing hoses.

The cold feed is a half inch hose with no play in it, into which the tail from the (Comet?) tap fits and is held by a jubilee clip. So, what I need is a filter device which has an inlet pipe with the equivalent fitting to the tap tail and an outlet which enables the tap tail to be fitted to it.

I expect the only device which fits the bill will be available only in cloud cuckoo land - unless anyone knows any better ::bigsmile:

Surely there must be some sort of reducers to use, I use quite a bit of plastic pipe around the farm of all different sizes over the years, but have never been stumped at finding some way of joining them, there all sorts of fittings for half inch, have you tried a proper builders merchant? Not one of the sheds.:thumb:

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Surely there must be some sort of reducers to use, I use quite a bit of plastic pipe around the farm of all different sizes over the years, but have never been stumped at finding some way of joining them, there all sorts of fittings for half inch, have you tried a proper builders merchant? Not one of the sheds.:thumb:

I'm sure you're right - but I don't want to end up with a mishmash of different attachments with potential multiple points of failure. For something that is a luxury, rather than a necessity, it isn't worth the hassle.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I dont have this problem. Have been drinking tap water for 68 years now and i am still here. If the water makes a good cup of tea then its sound. BUSBY.::bigsmile:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
This is what I fitted to my boat and it's still the same price for the cartridges twenty years later........ :thumb:

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Graham,
As I understand it, Rapidos have loads of room under the sink, or is this just Welsh / French propaganda?

Last edited:

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
Hi, I fitted a Pozzani system, the cartridge fits upright under the seat/bed base on our mh. True the flow rate is a bit slow but acceptable, replacement filters £16. www.pozzani.co.uk

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back