Summer Chill Out With Fishing And Boules (1 Viewer)

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
This is for the weekend of 20-22 June. Join us at:

Grange Park at S c u n t h o r p e. £8 per night. No need to book just let me know and I will add you to the list.

Grange Park - A Place for all occasions

The Grange
Butterwick Rd, Messingham, S c u n t h o r p e, DN17 3PP
01724 762945

I have reserved 10 pitches on the flat rally field (with more pitches available if we need them as the rally field belongs to us that weekend). Unfortunately this does not come with EHU, there is water on the site, 2 loos, and showers that are open all the time. :thumb: Don't worry about not having EHU, there are plenty of us with generators to top up your batteries if necessary.

We are going to have a great FUN weekend with the following activities for those who want to take part.

A Fishing match (for the fishermen amongst us)
A boules competition (Geo's bringing his balls)

The fishing is £4 per day and each fisherman must have a license. The lake nearest our field has 16 pitches.

If you just want a relaxing weekend to just have a laugh then this meet is also for you.

There is a club house on site which is open all day for food and drink. At the moment the club house is shutting about 8:30pm but if we want to visit the club house in the evening then they will stop open for us. (10 vans+ x 2 people?) yes it will be worth stopping open won't it:ROFLMAO:

RV's will be on the gravel areas, Europeans on the grass - all pitched together.

If you want to join us then please let me know and I will add you to the list.:thumb:

The above meet replaces the one listed at Blackshaw Caravan Site at Leek. It would appear that there are only 4 RV places available just inside the gateway, and it soon became very clear that these places would not be camped with the rest of the Motorhome Fun group. Apparently there are plenty of large pitches on the site but they do not feel the RV's can get round the roadways without going on to the grass (this is frowned upon as you know) In some respect I quite understand how they want to keep the site tidy but I wish I had found all this out before posting the meet.

Last edited:

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
Please put Suzy and I down for this one Pammy :thumb:

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Hi Bryan

Not a problem Bryan, your names are above ours. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
Hi Bryan

Not a problem Bryan, your names are above ours. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Are they? Where????

I fancy the fishing but don't have a licence.

Then again, what I'll be doing can't really be called fishing as there are no fish involved at all usually :Sad:

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Are they? Where????

I fancy the fishing but don't have a licence.

Then again, what I'll be doing can't really be called fishing as there are no fish involved at all usually :Sad:

Bryan, I have pm's coming in thick and fast here, I haven't had chance to put it in the calendar yet.:Doh::cry:

I have another meet to put on the forum tonight yet.:thumb:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
That is so sad, I was banking on you coming John, why can't you make it, is it too far, you could come earlier to make it worth your while.:thumb:

It would be great as its just after my birthday to but getting cover for dad is getting harder and the private help i was paying for myself is becoming a problem sadly.

Our house move would be complete by then to!!!

The whole idea of going LPG was to make it possible for me to attend the central rallies but now have this new obstacle:Doh::cry:

bigal

Free Member
Feb 11, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
10 months
Chill out meet

Hi Pammy
Please include Pat and myself.
Al

M

mnd

Deleted User
AAarrggh!!

Would have loved this one!! But booked at Flamborough for the same weekend:Sad:
If you run another Pam, we are definitely up for it...:thumb:

Dave:Smile:

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Would have loved this one!! But booked at Flamborough for the same weekend:Sad:
If you run another Pam, we are definitely up for it...:thumb:

Dave:Smile:

Hi Dave, I'm so disappointed, would have been great to catch up. Not to worry some more meets are on the way. See you soon. Love to M

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Hi Pammy

Put us down for this one please. Should be OK unless our house sells soon :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Keith & Jean

playbyte

xMember
May 4, 2008
Kirton-in-Lindsey
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Well it seems you are coming to our neck of the woods. We live within 10 mins drive.
Would it be ok for us to come visit and meet members rather than bring our motorhome to the site? We are not fihermen/women and the thought of Geo's balls frightens us! :ROFLMAO:
There is also an excellent restaurant on the opposite side of the road open to about 4.30 called Light Bite, their sunday roast is very good value for money but if a lot of members are going then contact them to reserve seats as the place is very popular on a sunday.
Playbyte

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Hi Pammy

Put us down for this one please. Should be OK unless our house sells soon :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Keith & Jean

Hi Keith and Jean

I am so pleased that you will be joining us. Should be a great fun packed weekend.
I'll add your names to the list.

See you soon.
Pammy

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Well it seems you are coming to our neck of the woods. We live within 10 mins drive.
Would it be ok for us to come visit and meet members rather than bring our motorhome to the site? We are not fihermen/women and the thought of Geo's balls frightens us! :ROFLMAO:
There is also an excellent restaurant on the opposite side of the road open to about 4.30 called Light Bite, their sunday roast is very good value for money but if a lot of members are going then contact them to reserve seats as the place is very popular on a sunday.
Playbyte

Hi Playbyte
You are more than welcome to visit us for the weekend. Will be great to meet you.

See you soon.
Pammy

thefman

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
notts
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since 2000
hi pammy could you put us down please::bigsmile:

mark and linda.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi Mark
I was wondering were all the Fishy men had gone
I think my 6 1/2 ounzer last year has frightened them all do you?
come on boys get yer rods out, iv'e a couple spare if any non fishermen fancy a go
Ill even let you play with my Balls sorry boules later, there not that frightening:Eeek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
Hi Mark
I was wondering were all the Fishy men had gone
I think my 6 1/2 ounzer last year has frightened them all do you?
come on boys get yer rods out, iv'e a couple spare if any non fishermen fancy a go
Ill even let you play with my Balls sorry boules later, there not that frightening:Eeek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo

I fancy the fishing George, and hope to catch at least 7 ounces (Disclaimer: 7 ounces in TOTAL - may be made up of 14 individual 1/2 ounce sticklebacks):winky:

Trouble is I don't have a licence and don't know what's involved in getting one (are they on ebay?). Can't the site supply a day licence type thingy?

I'm also interested in playing with your boules so please make sure that they are well polished.

Bryan

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
I fancy the fishing George, and hope to catch at least 7 ounces (Disclaimer: 7 ounces in TOTAL - may be made up of 14 individual 1/2 ounce sticklebacks):winky:

Trouble is I don't have a licence and don't know what's involved in getting one (are they on ebay?). Can't the site supply a day licence type thingy?

I'm also interested in playing with your boules so please make sure that they are well polished.

Bryan

Bryan, You need an environment-agency rod license from HERE
An day license will do unless you are going to take the sport up for longer :ROFLMAO:
You only need the Trout & Course (no reflection on yourself) Salmon & Sea Trout is for the posh fishermen. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
Thanks for that Keith.

PAMMY!!!!!!!!

How does the fishing comp work? What day/days is it on, do we just tell you that we want to fish and you'll book the fishing pitches?

Looking forward to dusting off my rod...

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi Bryan
Your asking me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've only ever caught one fish in my life and that threw itself on my hook as a reward and in gratitude for all the food i'd supplyed all day to its relatives:ROFLMAO:
As for the licence I did'nt have one and was told after the event i should have had:Doh: i will be buying an annual one before this meet proberbly from the link provided above
The rules of the lake will have to be observered of course but we can make the rest up on here with regard to simple things like is it numbers or weight that wins etc, no bait boats no dynamite no barbed hooks and so on we should i think take the lead from some of our experianced fishy men on here, and as they offer advise we can ask why they are not booked for the meet:thumb:
Geo

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Hi Bryan
Your asking me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've only ever caught one fish in my life and that threw itself on my hook as a reward and in gratitude for all the food i'd supplyed all day to its relatives:ROFLMAO:
As for the licence I did'nt have one and was told after the event i should have had:Doh: i will be buying an annual one before this meet proberbly from the link provided above
The rules of the lake will have to be observered of course but we can make the rest up on here with regard to simple things like is it numbers or weight that wins etc, no bait boats no dynamite no barbed hooks and so on we should i think take the lead from some of our experianced fishy men on here, and as they offer advise we can ask why they are not booked for the meet:thumb:
Geo

OK if are we serious about this fishing match? I suggest the following needs to be done.
1. Has Pammy asked about us holding a match :Doh:
2. How many PEGS (not pitches Pammy) do we need? :whatthe:
3. Which day are we holding the match? :Blush:
4. Can't see any info on the web as to rules for fishing. Any info on this?
5. The winner is normally the best aggregate weight over an agreed time scale, but it can be anything we decide on. The biggest fish, the smallest fish, the most species caught ..... no prizes for hooking trees, lake bottom or old boots though :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
Stuff the actual competition, I'm only doing it so I can pose with a thermos flask and a load of butties...::bigsmile:

I know I've got a stick and some string and a safety pin in the garage, so I'm almost ready...Just need to dig up some worms from the herbacious border now :thumb:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
We are indeed serious Keith,but not deadly this is a fun meet afterall
yes we have asked and we can hold a match there are 16 pegs and the site requested we didn't take them all, Saterday 10 am till 3pm sound about right as was the last one I went to, we can decide on the rules when we get some fishermen on board who are comming
Geo:thumb:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Sorry I forgot I would suggest 8-10 pegs and will contact site for basic lake/bait rules if any
Geo
there maybe some non members out there looking in, who would like to join in on this,get yourself a user name and join us we could throw a couple of quid in a pot and have cash prizes 1/2/3

Last edited:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
We are indeed serious Keith,but not deadly this is a fun meet afterall
yes we have asked and we can hold a match there are 16 pegs and the site requested we didn't take them all, Saterday 10 am till 3pm sound about right as was the last one I went to, we can decide on the rules when we get some fishermen on board who are comming
Geo:thumb:

You, Bryan & myself, we have three so we have a match. Lets go for it, I'm sure others will be along once the word gets around

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Applying for my rod licence as we speak:thumb:
looking forward to it
Geo