Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
I am replacing the flasher unit on my N+B - the vehicle wiring is red and blue - the new flasher unit wiring is black and green.

I assume the red is the live and the blue is negative, but which is the live wire out of the black and green?

Norman

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
In all the movies with a 'bomb disposal' scene the hero, dripping in sweat, always goes for the red wire....then at the last second changes to the other one, if that's any help::bigsmile:

Wyn

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Flasher unit terminals are normally identified by numbers/letters (at least the ones I've changed have been). If it isn't obvious doing a Google search using the part numbers may help.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
how long have flasher units come with wires attached ?.

20 odd years since i replaced one but it looked just like a large cylindrical or rectangular relay with spade connectors.

Link Removed

Link Removed

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
just two wires in to a flasher its probably not going to matter, if it does matter it will only work or not

OP
OP
normanandsue

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
I am replacing the flasher unit on my N+B - the vehicle wiring is red and blue - the new flasher unit wiring is black and green.

I assume the red is the live and the blue is negative, but which is the live wire out of the black and green?

Norman

Thanks guys I think I am confusing you, I am only changing the unit that holds the bulb.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks guys I think I am confusing you, I am only changing the unit that holds the bulb.

if it has two wires then either way round, it doesnt matter as bulbs are not voltage polarised.....unless its an LED then it may be polarity sensitive but wont do any damage if connected wrongly...just swap the wires over.

Last edited:

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
In all the movies with a 'bomb disposal' scene the hero, dripping in sweat, always goes for the red wire....then at the last second changes to the other one, if that's any help::bigsmile:

Wyn

:Smile:Is that the film where he blows himself up:roflmto:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back