Cillit Bang (1 Viewer)

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Never used it, although according to my son (who believes everything he sees on TV) I should :RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Has anybody used Cillit Bang to clean UPVC Garden seats and is it any good ?.

David

Hi David

In my opinion if you want to preserve something then don't use Cillit Bang as it literally eats away at anything it touches. I used to clean my shower cubicle with it and it eroded the frames around the glass on the sliding doors. Also it dissolved the chrome on the taps on the wash basin. I will never use the stuff again.:Angry:

I would use a cream cleaner on UPVC although I do know there is a cleaner specifally for UPVC - I have never tried it though.

Pammy

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
To quote Pammy " Cillit bang and its gone----------it's gone all right":ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
I read somewhere recently that Mouthwash had a detrimentle effect on the plastic used for the sinks in motorhomes.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Cillet bang cleans anything yet according to the advert is safe to used with no gloves on:Doh::RollEyes:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
DONTTTTTTTTTTTTT use cillitbang on garden seats

Use Jif or CIF instead !!!!

Good luck

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
I read somewhere recently that Mouthwash had a detrimentle effect on the plastic used for the sinks in motorhomes.

hi it was in mmm magazine about some sinks in motorhome made with some materials :Smile:

ray

OP
OP
Supertractorman

Supertractorman

Free Member
Sep 7, 2007
Funster No
Thanks for comments Folks will try CIF unless anybody knows of a miracle cleaner that I can wipe on, relax with a Lager, and then polish off.:Sad:

David

blackie

Free Member
Dec 30, 2007
N IRELAND
Funster No
MH
C/CLASS
Exp
10 YEARS
Has anybody used Cillit Bang to clean UPVC Garden seats and is it any good ?.

David

short answer david,dont waste your money.you would be better of with soap/water. blackie

davaud

Free Member
Mar 20, 2008
cheshire
Funster No
MH
1992 coachbuilt
Exp
3 years motorhoming 18 years caraving
davaud

hi i use flash with bleach and the dirt is gone no hard scrubbing either ::bigsmile:

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Hi David

In my opinion if you want to preserve something then don't use Cillit Bang as it literally eats away at anything it touches. I used to clean my shower cubicle with it and it eroded the frames around the glass on the sliding doors. Also it dissolved the chrome on the taps on the wash basin. I will never use the stuff again.:Angry:

Pammy

Hi Pammy

After spending a small fortune on a variety of cleaners for my shower, none of which were any good at all....i tried Cillit Bang as a final resort. Not because of TV ad's or anything like that....i'd simply run out of options.

But as the 'ad' says....BANG and the dirt and grime was gone!!

My shower was fitted brand new almost three years ago, is used daily and i've used Cillit Bang for the past eighteen months to clean the glass doors (plain clear glass), the tiles and all the plumbed in parts, both plastic and chrome.

Frames are like brand new as are all the chromed taps and pipes.

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
IF YOU ARE DISCUSSING CILLIT BANG YOU SHOULD BE SHOUTING LIKE BARRY SCOTT!!:shout::shout::shout:

I was in ASDA at the weekend and JML are advertising a cleaning product for PVC I think it's called Doctor Clean.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back