satelitte (1 Viewer)

Aug 19, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
Decided to get a auto satelitte dish, looking around & talking to traders at knutsford the best for the money seems to be an avtex snipe.we are really limited to roof space and anything else we would struggle to fit.

there don't seem to be much info good or bad about them, but the traders seem to rave about them, i do wonder why its so cheap though?.

The other thing is we need a reciever, what makes one better than the other?? does anyone know,i have found this Link Removed

anybody got one, opinous good or bad ?.or is it just too cheap to be any good?

One trader at the show did mention they had a used oyster caro vision we could have but that was a £1000.00 compared to the avtex at £700.00 inc base plate.

Karl

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I just happen to have 2 satellite receivers available.. ::bigsmile:
Both operate on 12v and mains, so ideal for van use... Also they are what are called "free to air" so tune in all channels from which ever satellite you tune in.

One is a Ross HD receiver, vert small and compact.. It does come with a dish and other bits for £40 or you can have receiver only at £30

Also have a Dream box, again 12v and free to air.. £35

The receiver you have listed will do the job as well..
Location is Cannock, welcome to pop by and have a look. Drink coffee and chat satellite and motorhomes. :thumb:

Cant help with info on the dish you mentioned, not seen one as yet..

May 13, 2012
West Mids
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 6-2
Exp
since 2012
I just happen to have 2 satellite receivers available.. ::bigsmile:
Both operate on 12v and mains, so ideal for van use... Also they are what are called "free to air" so tune in all channels from which ever satellite you tune in.

One is a Ross HD receiver, vert small and compact.. It does come with a dish and other bits for £40 or you can have receiver only at £30

Also have a Dream box, again 12v and free to air.. £35

The receiver you have listed will do the job as well..
Location is Cannock, welcome to pop by and have a look. Drink coffee and chat satellite and motorhomes. :thumb:

Cant help with info on the dish you mentioned, not seen one as yet..

hope you don't mind me hijacking this thread but can I ask how your dish for sale works with the motorhome, is it a stand based dish?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
seen a few of the Avtex type sat dishes ( there are other makes same system ) i have a tripod mounted dish of the similar design cant fault it. used it down to norther spain this year with strong signal. ( 57cm cassegrain dish)

if its avtex your after this is cheaper than the £700 quoted above:

Link Removed

Link Removed

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
if u will be at malvern have a chat to pete(knuckledragger) i think he was selling his sat dome

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back