Sleeping on Motorway Services (2 Viewers)

R

RogerD

Deleted User
What is the longest that I can stay at a service station, is it 2 hours and then pay like a lorry? I have got a long trip and will be late so do not want to book anywhere.

V

vanessa

Deleted User
Yes, that's it. Same for all vehicles now, not just larger ones like motorhomes and lorries.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Roger

I use Mway services all the time and have never paid. Just park up with the general population and sleep. If you use the dedicated caravan slots be prepared to be woken by a security officer asking for payment.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Don Madge

Deceased RIP
Aug 27, 2007
East Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Too Long
What is the longest that I can stay at a service station, is it 2 hours and then pay like a lorry? I have got a long trip and will be late so do not want to book anywhere.

Roger,

Are we talking about the UK or on the continent?

Don

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Oh, and only park up next to the truckers if you do not mind the smell of stale urine :eek:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We stopped in a motorway services near Taunton recently, what a nightmare.
We had 2 4x4s with caravans attached on one side who had stopped for a cuppa and a snack who dumped all their rubbish outside and drove off, I'm sure people thought we had done it. On the other side were 2 HGV's, both drivers used the truck wheels as toilets then carried on a conversation if you could call it that F'in and Blindin at the top of their voices. We had enough then and packed up and drove on Motorway Services no thanks I'll end up in a brawl.
Cheers
Ror

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back