Wells Holiday Park (1 Viewer)

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We have just spent 2 lovely nights here. Beautiful clean site, good amenities and a short walk to Wells. But the best thing for me was waking up to the sound of.........nothing......no children, no scooters, no balls being hoofed around. I have 3 children of my own and have camped and motorhomed for years at some lovely sites, all child friendly, often with friends and their offspring but I really enjoyed the adult only experience. Would recommend it highly. ::bigsmile:

Bluemerle

Free Member
Sep 22, 2011
Out and about
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
June 2012
Sounds like a lovely site, had a look on their website, and everything was rosy until I saw £2.00 a night for my dog!!
So sadly will not be going.:Sad:

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Fantastic site stay there often and will accomodate my 40' Jason is very helpfull would recomend to any one :thumb:

All the best Rick

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 17, 2012
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year on and loving it!
Sounds like a lovely site, had a look on their website, and everything was rosy until I saw £2.00 a night for my dog!!
So sadly will not be going.:Sad:

More and more sites seem to be charging for dogs, so lovely as it sounds, I too will not be going there. I wouldn't mind if there was a dog shower, dog walk - i.e. something to warrant the £2.00 per night!:Sad:

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
its realy annoying being charged for the dog we feed it pick up after it so what are they charging for ?we often dont declare her especially if were in transit and only onsite for the night

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
[HI]Is the other Wells not next to the sea.[/HI]:winky:

Can't be Pinewoods at Wells in Norfolk, they want £3 per night :Eeek:for a dog ! !

However, they only charge £15 for a week.

I think I was being corrected as I had casuallly referred to Wells in Norfolk to differentiate from one of a similar name in Somerset.

Therefore I make reference to Pinewoods, located at Wells next the Sea, Norfolk.

Bluemerle

Free Member
Sep 22, 2011
Out and about
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
June 2012
Not correcting you Larby, was answering Travelbug1 and was just pointing out that there is not a Wells in Norfolk, although as you know thats how most refer to it. ::bigsmile:

Having been born and bred in Braintree, then a north Essex fella, can do no wrong.::bigsmile:

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Not correcting you Larby, was answering Travelbug1 and was just pointing out that there is not a Wells in Norfolk, although as you know thats how most refer to it. ::bigsmile:

Having been born and bred in Braintree, then a north Essex fella, can do no wrong.::bigsmile:

OK explanation accepted. Not sure now if you know me and know I was actualy born and bred in Braintree or whether you make reference to yourself?
I now live in Halstead as there are no Tescos ! but Braintree has 3 !!

But back to the thread, Pinewoods charges £3 pn for dogs and £5pn for an awning. When I had the caravan I wouldn't use it for the week-end on principle. Their toilets and showers used to leave a lot to be desired for the prices charged.
But a wonderful location. I took the grandchildren to Norfolk for the first May Bank Holiday week-end. Wild camped overnight then used their car-park next to the beach for £6 all day, NOW THAT WAS GOOD VALUE !

OP
OP
MichelleRyall
Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Apologies all, I didn't know there were 2 Wells!!! Wells in Somerset known as Wlls Holiday Park was the lovely site. :roflmto:

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Is it so bad that any site charges for a dog, admitted I have none now but we had two labs for many years and would have paid for them if asked, I can see both sides of the argument, but having looked at buying a camp site recently, I have come to the conclusion I want one rather than making a sound business decision, the ROI more than often does not warrant the investment, mainly due to the value of land, unless you have in excess of 1.5mil then you can make a reasonable ROI. Just my thoughts, I must admit I wouldn't charge extra for a dog, not all owners clean up behind them though so who knows.

All the best Rick

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back