LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
i reckon most of the sat navs have now been reviewed and opinions expressed but here goes anyway
Link Removed
thats mine and quite a few others have it best i reckon there is and for less than 60quid and the customer service they provide is 2nd to none

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
In the last few weeks I have found my Snooper Truckmate has been giving the wrong speed limit information in France. It seems OK elsewhere and has only been a problem since I had a map update.
Doesnt bother me too much as I use a TomTom as well as thats got all my POIs (Aires, sites, supermarkets etc) on it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
dont know about poi but i would say yes and yes for the dimensions

OP
OP
H

herbies

Free Member
Apr 17, 2013
somewhere in south devon
Funster No
MH
hymer b694
Exp
i emailed the ebay store and asked these questions this is thier reply any comments on the last bit about accuracy????

Hi friend
Yes, you can put the vehicle dimension in the device and you can add POI by yourself if you need

But we can’t guarantee the maps are 100% accurate in all the places

Hope you understand that

Thanks

Jul 17, 2012
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year on and loving it!
i emailed the ebay store and asked these questions this is thier reply any comments on the last bit about accuracy????

Hi friend
Yes, you can put the vehicle dimension in the device and you can add POI by yourself if you need

But we can’t guarantee the maps are 100% accurate in all the places

Hope you understand that

Thanks

Roads change all the time, so maps are almost out of date as soon as they are updated! Probably just covering their butt in case the MHF brigade get on their case!:winky::winky:

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
I have a snooper 7000 with 7in screen and its brilliant, I am not technical so I just want something that works straight out the box

OP
OP
H

herbies

Free Member
Apr 17, 2013
somewhere in south devon
Funster No
MH
hymer b694
Exp
finally took the plunge and got one of these

Link Removed

seems to work was told you could put in your dimensions ??? and does any one know how to download POI,s ?
thanks

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Look at the thread.Broken Link Removed if you have any question ask

Lunarman

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I have a snooper 7000 with 7in screen and its brilliant, I am not technical so I just want something that works straight out the box
well Ive got the 8500 snooper, state of art Sat nav' technology , TV, DAB Radio, reversing camera, Vehicle Dimensions, High resolution screen, 2 years warranty... to be fair though within 2years it will be out of date but cheap Sat Nav's go out of date sooner as all manufacture's want to sell new units NOT software:Cool:

gradyp

Free Member
Aug 18, 2011
Widnes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Supreme 155
Exp
i reckon most of the sat navs have now been reviewed and opinions expressed but here goes anyway
Link Removed
thats mine and quite a few others have it best i reckon there is and for less than 60quid and the customer service they provide is 2nd to none
Bought same one supplied from Glasgow because of the recommendations from people on here. Used it a couple of times so far and have no complaints

gradyp

Free Member
Aug 18, 2011
Widnes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Supreme 155
Exp
Bought same one supplied from Glasgow because of the recommendations from people on here. Used it a couple of times so far and have no complaints

Have used the GPS a number of times now and all working well as I normally use the co-ordinates for the places I want , but the other day wanted to put post code in and could not workout how to do it.
Can any one point me in the right direction

Cheers

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Have used the GPS a number of times now and all working well as I normally use the co-ordinates for the places I want , but the other day wanted to put post code in and could not workout how to do it.
Can any one point me in the right direction

Cheers

When it asks for address just type in the postcode. It's not very obvious but that's how it works.

Wyn

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
When it asks for address just type in the postcode. It's not very obvious but that's how it works.

Wyn

I've got an instruction manual in .PDF form that's better than what came with mine. If it might be of use PM me with an email address and I'll forward a copy.

Wyn

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I've got a Snooper Ventura and hate it. So far it's taken me to the middle of a field and up a single track lane in Devon. It's almost been out the window a few times.
If I could just make sure the Tom Tom would take the dimensions I'd go back to that.

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
Having never had a sat nav before I thought I would take the plunge and bought a Garmin dezl 560 Camper Deluxe via the C&CC.

It has free map and other updates for the life of the device, covers all of mainland Europe (but can be programmed for anywhere in the world), has all of the C&CC sites listed, more than 10,000 camping points of interest, can be set for car, caravan or motorhome (using your vehicle dimensions), and loads of other stuff that I am still exploring (it only arrived this morning).

Now watch someone come on here and tell me they are c**p :winky: ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back