The other side is getting desperate!! (1 Viewer)

Digger Driver

Free Member
Oct 4, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I just got an email!

Your last visit on Motorhome Facts was at Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:03 am.

We just wanted to check everything was okay and that you can login to the site okay.

Thought it would bring a smile to Jim and Bryan!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

When did i join this group?

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I got a similar message.

Used the contact link this morning to tell 'em I wouldn't be coming back and asked for my registration and personal details to be removed from their database. No reply as yet :Smile:

Graham

T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
..... asked for my registration and personal details to be removed from their database.

Graham,

Don't know about that place, but most forums allow you to delete your own account. When you do that, you're essentially removing your records from the database. However, most places will keep your posts/messages untouched.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We have a similar system here, if someone has not been around for over 30 days they get a short email saying much the same as the one you received, its a pretty standard feature of forum software I think. :Smile:

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
HI:Eeek: ITS the one to renew your subs i like:ROFLMAO: ::bigsmile:

RAY :Doh:

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
double post

Last edited:

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
HI:Eeek: ITS the one to renew your subs i like:ROFLMAO: ::bigsmile:

RAY :Doh:

I got that one in march, I deleted it. Why pay when you get a nicer sort of chap and chapess on here. Gave out a few cards at the boot sale today, so we can look forward to a couple of new members hopefully

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Graham,

Don't know about that place, but most forums allow you to delete your own account. When you do that, you're essentially removing your records from the database. However, most places will keep your posts/messages untouched.

Yes Tom, I would have expected the ability to be able to delete my registration - but I've just looked and I can't see any way of doing so.

Must say I have to wonder why the facility isn't there - can't think of any good reason.

Graham

buccaneer

Free Member
Oct 14, 2007
Funster No
Got one today saying my last visit was Oct 2007 so it not a time related e-mail as other here have had other dates.

T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
That's strange Graham. Maybe they want to hide any signs of demise by keeping the membership numbers artificially high.

FWIW over at our place, we choose not to send out those emails; They're more likely to catalyze negative responses, such as we're seeing in this discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Come on guys:Smile: What goes around comes around. Be Nice. ::bigsmile:

I hardly think that a successful site like Motorhomefacts with over 2500 paying subscribers could be called desperate! IMO all that is happening is Facts for the first time has some competition and this has shaken off a bit of complacency that existed. They are now being a little more pro-active to compete with us that's all. That's got to be good for everyone:thumb:

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Come on guys:Smile: What goes around comes around. Be Nice. ::bigsmile:

I hardly think that a successful site like Motorhomefacts with over 2500 paying subscribers could be called desperate! IMO all that is happening is Facts for the first time has some competition and this has shaken off a bit of complacency that existed. They are now being a little more pro-active to compete with us that's all. That's got to be good for everyone:thumb:

And MMMonline and UKcampsites et al!!

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Well after searching my inbox, I can honestly say that I have not been sent an invitation to re-visit them........ I wonder why? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Keith

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi just to say I have donated the same fee as from the other side,which is due on the 15th but will still be paying up on the other side ::bigsmile:Nice to know I did not have to but felt I should support this side as well :thumb:The info gleamed on the other side I feel well worth the membership fee,but now this ones catching up fast who knows what next year brings :ROFLMAO:
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back