Free Member
Oct 30, 2010
Anywhere and everywhere
Funster No
MH
American A Class
Exp
Not Long Enough...!!
As it looks like we will have to use the ***** Trailer when across the water, we need something to make it easier to move.
Someone said on a earlier post to put a Caravan/Motor Mover on.. Well thinking about it , it could be a good idea even thou its more weight not just having a trailer but mover and battery...Moan Moan Moan...Link Removed

So doe's anyone have one , used one or know which model to go for. Not buying New as at ÂŁ1400 for a twin is just stupid.
Seen a couple of heavy duty single,s which I would say would do the job just to move the lump in straight line with car on top, or can squiggle it about without.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
think it depends on your chassis which, if any, can be fitted.

If it's a box section chassis it could be a problem...pressed steel should be ok.

Easiest and cheapest option would be a front mounted tow ball on the toad...unload the toad and use it to manoeuvre the trailer on site.

OP
OP
Destination Unknown

Destination Unknown

Free Member
Oct 30, 2010
Anywhere and everywhere
Funster No
MH
American A Class
Exp
Not Long Enough...!!
think it depends on your chassis which, if any, can be fitted.

If it's a box section chassis it could be a problem...pressed steel should be ok.

Easiest and cheapest option would be a front mounted tow ball on the toad...unload the toad and use it to manoeuvre the trailer on site.

A hitch of some sort will be done also, its just if we need gas/fuel ect. The toad is off and it can follow until nailed back on.
The Trailer will have to be left with car on and we will have to go back for it.
Also if we are on a Airre it would be easier if we could just move trailer with car on top out the way, especially if just a night or two

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Ask Smudger how he copes. Wheelchair bound, drives a big RV and tows a car on a trailer and as far as I know he does all this solo without a mover on the trailer.

D.

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
I solved that problem, I put a tow bar on the toad and as as soon as its unloaded it parks the trailer, simples:coolthumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
I tried the motor mover on my beatson tipper trailer
Did not work as caravans have a heavy nose weight on mine the trailer with car was too heavy to move very far
I now use the car to move it once unhitched. I have the mover if you want to try it

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back