lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Well I have managed to get this weekend off and as Sophie is on holiday with her friends family we thought we would take full advantage.

So going to be heading to St Mary's Loch just outside of Moffat do a bit of walking possibly up Grey mares tail and a wee bit of kayaking before going to the pub for some food and live music.

So if any other funsters are in the area pop in and say hi

http://visitstmarysloch.org.uk/

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Enjoy yourself, we are just about to set off for New England Bay for a couple of days as the weather continues to hold.

Bill

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Enjoy yourself, we are just about to set off for New England Bay for a couple of days as the weather continues to hold.

Bill

That's was one of our choices, opted for St Mary's as we haven't been for years and have a new kayak to try.

Hope you have a nice weekend looks like it will be nice and sunny

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
What kind of kayak is it Gerry?
I've been looking at an inflatable one for the kids and I ,namely the sevylor Colorado.Any thoughts ?
Have a good weekend by the way,hope its not too hot.

Vlad

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi vlad

It's an inflatable one we got from Lidl a couple of weeks ago for £40, had a look at others very similar nearer £200. Like you this is mainly for Sophie and the big kid :ROFLMAO: ordered two life jacket/buoyancy aids will only be using it in calm and shallow water but should be fun.

I inflated it the other day just to make sure I knew what I was doing and have to say I was very impressed with it. Will post a pic if I survive the maiden voyage :ROFLMAO:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Well I have managed to get this weekend off and as Sophie is on holiday with her friends family we thought we would take full advantage.

So going to be heading to St Mary's Loch just outside of Moffat do a bit of walking possibly up Grey mares tail and a wee bit of kayaking before going to the pub for some food and live music.

So if any other funsters are in the area pop in and say hi

http://visitstmarysloch.org.uk/

Ow ow ow, this looks a great place. We could be persuaded to come up there sometime for some kayaking, maybe next spring. We bought Weekenders inflatable kayak of them and have been really enjoying it.

Vlad, ours is the Sevylor Colorado and it seems tough, stable and steerable. We have only been on very calm water so far but for us it is more than enough. The material seems strong and puncture resistant. Inflates in 20 minutes with me doing it and about 10 if Colin does it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Ow ow ow, this looks a great place. We could be persuaded to come up there sometime for some kayaking, maybe next spring. We bought Weekenders inflatable kayak of them and have been really enjoying it.

Vlad, ours is the Sevylor Colorado and it seems tough, stable and steerable. We have only been on very calm water so far but for us it is more than enough. The material seems strong and puncture resistant. Inflates in 20 minutes with me doing it and about 10 if Colin does it.

Will report back and let you know how it goes, its only 13 miles from the M74 so easy to get to but in the middle of nowhere, then we can meet you there sometime for a few cold beers and some kayaking :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back