Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
This morning I got up very early to finish reading "touching The Void" by Joe Simpson. It is Simpson's true and harrowing account of near-death in the Peruvian Andes, he wrestles with issues of bravery, friendship, physical endurance, and the will to live. A short but fantastic and well written book that In the end I found difficult to read through the tears and from feeling his pain.

I have had this book for years, but only just got round to reading it, and its already got me wanting to read it again. If you haven't read it, buy it and put it in the motorhome for your next trip, it comes from me highly recommended.
Link Removed

What are you reading at the moment?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
This morning I got up very early to finish reading "touching The Void" by Joe Simpson. It is Simpson's true and harrowing account of near-death in the Peruvian Andes, he wrestles with issues of bravery, friendship, physical endurance, and the will to live. A short but fantastic and well written book that In the end I found difficult to read through the tears and from feeling his pain.

I have had this book for years, but only just got round to reading it, and its already got me wanting to read it again. If you haven't read it, buy it and put it in the motorhome for your next trip, it comes from me highly recommended.
Link Removed

What are you reading at the moment?[/quote]

the posts on MH fun..... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

i gave up reading books when i found audible audio books.......just stick on a disc and listen to my hearts content...

Last edited:

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
Jim

He was a speaker at one of my previous companies conference - inspirational - which was of course the objective in getting him there:thumb:

Just started an old book (but new to me): Jupiter's Travels by Ted Simon
In 1974 the author set out on a round - the - world 4-year trip by motorbike. - Has become something of a classic and reissued many times.

Dreaming of Jupiter:
In 2001 at the age 69 he decided to retrace his journey and took two and a half years. Said to be a moving, philosophical & hilarious account .

Keith

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi at the mo. reading The gathering of the Storm in the RV, the second book out of three about Atilla the Hun, fiction but based in fact. Dark Prince fact and fantasy about Alexander the great and The blooding of the guns Fact and fiction about the battle of Jutland.

Just read Somme Mud an account written in 1921 by an Aussie private but only recently published about his experience in the Somme from 1916-1918. A good day at the front was when you lost less than 20 men. Well written in a light hearted way, about being shelled in the trenches, marching through mud with 80lbs on your back and suicidal attacks against German machine guns. If your interested in WW1 well worth a read.

Olley

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back