LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
For any of you that are on tour in France today I am very jealous. The best day of the year .

Apr 12, 2011
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Burstner ixeo t 590
Exp
4yrs
For any of you that are on tour in France today I am very jealous. The best day of the year .
Hi we're here ,we're down at Arzon and its hot .AC/DC tribute band on tonight in the harbour along with plenty of fireworks. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: (abforfun). :thumb:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Some of the best firework displays I have ever seen were in France on Bastille night. Mostly set to music.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
In Paris today one of the favourite 's tourists part of the day is when the "Patrouille de France" flies over Paris . An incredible demonstration of the French army pilots skills!
Blue white and red fumes make brilliant drawings in the sky....very moving too! A magic moment ! I love to see all the troops as well all looking very proud in their uniforms, and explaining as well their every day task in the different parts of the world. A very special day!

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile:

CarolB

Free Member
Jul 13, 2013
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1974 off and on...
We always try to be in France for Bastille Day but have failed this year.

Some of the best fireworks are in Versailles on the 13th outside the chateau and often from the roof! Very impressive... They do the 13th so people can also go to Paris on the 14th.... Double fun....

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
We are Vendome and the town is ready today for the celebrating tonight. Concert/dancing in the main square which is set up with no parking anywhere on the main streets from 8pm then a parade of torches to where the fireworks are and then return to the dancing in the square ..there were lots of celebrations last nite too I forgot to mention

We have previously a few times celebrated the day at Reims but alas the aire there is not an easy one

ponyboy

Free Member
Dec 19, 2012
Tasmania
Funster No
MH
Hobbyvan AKA Jinks
Exp
April 2012
In the Auvergne region at the moment and managed to get a great look at the Tour yesterday as it thundered through St-Gerand-le-Puy on the stage to Lyon. Vive le France

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
We are Vendome and the town is ready today for the celebrating tonight. Concert/dancing in the main square which is set up with no parking anywhere on the main streets from 8pm then a parade of torches to where the fireworks are and then return to the dancing in the square ..there were lots of celebrations last nite too I forgot to mention

We have previously a few times celebrated the day at Reims but alas the aire there is not an easy one

Hi Cath, you are in a great place there at Vendome. I spent a week there once touring the many chateaux. The big church is lovely and am sure you will enjoy tonight's celebrations. A great Les Routier on the N10 south just out of Vendome on your right.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
We're in Nice at the moment.. Just watched the parade.. Fireworks later

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
BANG BANG BANG ...... fireworks time ....I can see all the lights in the distance and hear the sound of the differents fireworks coming from the nearby villages ... Fireworks in summer have a special...taste!

Waiting for the "bouquet final"....

Frankie:Cool::sin::clap:

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
We're in the mountains near Montesquieu-des-Alberes. Good view of the Med coast and all the pyrotechnic displays at the various resorts. Great night.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Hi Cath, you are in a great place there at Vendome. I spent a week there once touring the many chateaux. The big church is lovely and am sure you will enjoy tonight's celebrations. A great Les Routier on the N10 south just out of Vendome on your right.

Thank you Dave for the info much appreciated!

Tonight was brilliant, all went to plan, but never have we ever seen so many folk attend a function as this and all was free !

The fireworks went off to music as you said Dave also a coloured background to the fireworks which were twenty minutes nonstop of colourful patterns of lights ..

Only one word would describe the event ...stupendous !

The best we have ever seen, will post some pics once home

John n Kath x

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
We're in the mountains near Montesquieu-des-Alberes. Good view of the Med coast and all the pyrotechnic displays at the various resorts. Great night.

I know Montesquieu well, I used to live just down the rd in Sorede. I almost bought a house in Montesquieu many years ago. Look out for the sanglier up there in the Alberes, they have young this time of year and get a bit grumpy.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back