And today ............ a window fell off! (1 Viewer)

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Just when I was finally feeling relaxed about the van - fridge now draught-free, Gaslow system replaced - I open the washroom window to its full extent and it promptly falls off! :Eeek: This was the window that had the pane replaced due to delamination - and it's the first time I'd opened it to its full extent since then. The strut stopped it from hitting the ground and I've managed to secure it back in place with the handles and some trusty duct tape. So now I need the whole window unit to be replaced. :RollEyes:

Add to this the initial series of water leaks, the solar regulator that wouldn't work with gel batteries, the shower panel that cracked, the reversing monitor that lost display at awkward moments, the scary gas leak from the filler hose .......... Anything I've forgotten? And that's just the current van. Add to that all the problems I had with the previous one .............

Surely I must have done something very very wicked in a former life. I just hope I enjoyed it! :wub:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Sorry to hear must be a right pane :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sorry just had to

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Sorry to hear about your window Maz....

I guess you will have the dealer "looking in to it".
You should have no problems, it sounds like you have got the handle on it, and it's an open and (didn't) shut case....:RollEyes::RollEyes:

I couldn't resist, sorry.....Hope its sorted soon...:thumb:

::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Callum -
smiley-violent089.gif

::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I would say....to much testosterone in this van Maz :Smile:. Next time buy a female one :ROFLMAO:

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
I am really surprised Maz - I thought Hobby was a very superior marque. Not like my converted builder's van...

Still, my habitation problems have been relatively minor, it's the mechanics that have bugged me - broken flywheel, burnt out exhaust gas recirculation valve, intermittent electrical probs etc. Latest thing is airbag warning light, which apparently is an MOT failure item - MOT due in 2 weeks time!

Hope it's sorted out soon for you... see you at Malvern

Catherine

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
Perhaps everything's a bit too technical and complicated!
A life under canvass perhaps ?:winky:

Vlad

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
I am really surprised Maz - I thought Hobby was a very superior marque. Not like my converted builder's van...

Still, my habitation problems have been relatively minor, it's the mechanics that have bugged me - broken flywheel, burnt out exhaust gas recirculation valve, intermittent electrical probs etc. Latest thing is airbag warning light, which apparently is an MOT failure item - MOT due in 2 weeks time!

Hope it's sorted out soon for you... see you at Malvern

Catherine

I suspect Hobby, like most of the other makes, have gone downhill in recent years. Overall build quality is good but there are far more avoidable niggles with it than there should have been. Apart from the draughty fridge/freezer issue (which I had to fight about), the dealer has at least put all the other problems right without any fuss. Although the word 'sorry' doesn't appear to exist in their vocabulary. :RollEyes:

Hope you get through your MOT ok - and see you at Malvern! :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back