Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
There is a site in South Shields, Sandhaven caravan park,about 30m from the beach and 300m from our house and 600m from the town centre.

The bus just outside runs to Sunderland, about 7 or 8 miles away, every 30 minutes, and it also stops very very close the the Stadium of Light. The site is very close to the town for pubs and restaurants. if you like a good curry, the choice of Indian restaurants is unbelievable, but there are also Italian, Chinese, Wetherspoons, and good grub pubs all within a few hundred metres.

It's not the cheapest of sites, but a good location. There is another site on the South side of Shields, about 6 miles from Sunderland, Lizard Lane Caravan park, overlooking the coast, again on the Sunderland bus route on the coast road, and with a couple of pubs doing grub nearby.

I think the site in the town by the beach is a bit expensive, the other one is cheaper. never stayed there as I now live here...

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/results3.asp?search=south%20shields&by=town

I might be at the match as well.......thumb::thumb:

::bigsmile:

OP
OP
K

kiwicamper

Free Member
Jun 8, 2009
christchurch NZ
Funster No
MH
fully intergrated
Exp
since 2000
There is a site in South Shields, Sandhaven caravan park,about 30m from the beach and 300m from our house and 600m from the town centre.

The bus just outside runs to Sunderland, about 7 or 8 miles away, every 30 minutes, and it also stops very very close the the Stadium of Light. The site is very close to the town for pubs and restaurants. if you like a good curry, the choice of Indian restaurants is unbelievable, but there are also Italian, Chinese, Wetherspoons, and good grub pubs all within a few hundred metres.

It's not the cheapest of sites, but a good location. There is another site on the South side of Shields, about 6 miles from Sunderland, Lizard Lane Caravan park, overlooking the coast, again on the Sunderland bus route on the coast road, and with a couple of pubs doing grub
I think the site in the town by the beach is a bit expensive, the other one is cheaper. never stayed there as I now live here...

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/results3.asp?search=south%20shields&by=town

I might be at the match as well.......thumb::thumb:

::bigsmile:

Just got our tickets for the Fulham game::bigsmile:
There is a CCC rally on Seaburn promenade just past Morrisons.Do you think this will be OK and how far from SOL?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
There is a CCC rally on Seaburn promenade just past Morrisons.Do you think this will be OK and how far from SOL?

Seaburn has a reputation
it is in a rough area don`t leave any thing outside not fastened down
i once saw a static van set on fire by three kids it went up like an inferno was a burnt shell in less then ten mins

very scary to think if any one was in it
i was amazed just how quick it went up :Sad:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022

We were at Seaburn last year (and might go again this year). Well stewarded THS and no problems. Bus stop across the road with regular buses into the city which stop at Monkwearmouth so very close to the stadium.

OP
OP
K

kiwicamper

Free Member
Jun 8, 2009
christchurch NZ
Funster No
MH
fully intergrated
Exp
since 2000
We were at Seaburn last year (and might go again this year). Well stewarded THS and no problems. Bus stop across the road with regular buses into the city which stop at Monkwearmouth so very close to the stadium.

THS ?? Not familiar with this term.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
THS Temporary holiday site, used by the Camping and Caravanning Club. The one at Seaburn is ok, right opposite the beach and next to a large Supermarket with a petrol station.
Plenty of buses into town from here, just a short trip into Monkwearmouth.

The place is used by a lot of clubs for rallies, it has been in use for a very long time.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back