Malvern Deadline Approaching... Let's Be 'Aving You... (1 Viewer)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Up until posting this we have not yet reached 100 vans at the Malvern Show.

Do you really want to read all the Fun Loving posts and see all the photos of the good times and regret not joining in?

Do you want the members of the Darkside pointing mockingly and saying,

"Not many of those strange ones here are there?"

Come on Funsters... get signed in...

What do I have to offer to get you to join us?

JJ :Cool:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Rack back and sack:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
mind you I still couldn't come as I have just about got a rally of my own left.:thumb::thumb:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
jj it wouldnt matter if the darkside had 200 vans and us just 10 you would still know where the entertainment was coming from a small group we had the pleasure to be with at both Peterborough and newark at least hold the claim to have been the last to leave (or to be honest thrown out of) the bars at both venue's including the harvester where the poor staff wanted a early night not much chance with us there
but i blame philliphall and beerdrinker1 for all them hassle's
o and take mind dont u dare marshall me near a bin or i will drink over ya foot :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Bill... it is called marketing...:ROFLMAO:

An attempt to get more Funsters attending... :winky:

And you have got a good idea there...

Maybe the chance of seeing you drink over my foot will bring a couple more in...:thumb:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Drink over his foot:ROFLMAO:
Sounds like you've had a drive to many this morning:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
well driving over ya foot has prolly been done before so best i drink over it i refuse to say it was a spelling mistake :roflmto:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
anyway lets all fly the flag for the grand old funsters :Smile:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
I have been waiting for the magical JJ to pull something out of the hat. :roflmto:

We would have been coming, but Germany is calling. :ROFLMAO: Bob.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
as soon as another 7 vans book, we are coming. Only 3 days before I hit the States, but if you think Im letting 99 funstervans have fun without me,

well

You gotta another thing coming. :Cool:

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
I'm coming, just waiting for the pension to arrive before I book...

Catherine

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
I have just booked now, and after arriving home yesterday from Scandinavian trip and 6000mls later phew, looking forward to Malvern after I have had a rest LOL Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Looking forward to meeting you Garry - a near neighbour!

Catherine

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
I'm coming, just waiting for the pension to arrive before I book...

Catherine

Don't miss the deadline Catherine, I would not like to see you pitched up in General Camping.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I have just booked now, and after arriving home yesterday from Scandinavian trip and 6000mls later phew, looking forward to Malvern after I have had a rest LOL Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

Will be good to see you again Gary,:thumb: Can I ask you to fill out Jims attendance form when you have fully recovered from that 6000 mile journey,:winky:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
We won't be playing our ukuleles, if that helps get the numbers up a bit? :Smile:

Now that could tempt me :winky::ROFLMAO:

But unfortunately we shall be on a family holiday to Aghia Galini in Southern Crete , where we got married 18 years ago.:Cool:

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Don't miss the deadline Catherine, I would not like to see you pitched up in General Camping.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I'd be easy to spot with a bright blue van Brisey - however I might have to throw myself on the mercy of the C&CC! :Sad:

(Don't worry - will be doing it in the next few days!!:thumb:)

Catherine

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
We have to cancel, busy time coming up, trying to get a second cut in the barn then:Sad:

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Elaine and I want to come but we can't book yet as our youngest daughter is due to give birth soon and Elaine won't let me book untill its sorted

Question please
If I book now can we transfer it to some one else if we can't make it ?

Thanks

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
You may even have rescued me in the past!

C

Look forward to meeting my neighbour to,lol, and yes I may have rescued you to, as I have rescued many a damsel in distress around Oxfordshire in my time lol Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Elaine and I want to come but we can't book yet as our youngest daughter is due to give birth soon and Elaine won't let me book untill its sorted

Question please
If I book now can we transfer it to some one else if we can't make it ?

Thanks

unfortunately, Peter, this is a warners show....definitely and categorically NO.... you can't transfer tickets.

And once booking has closed they will not be moved and allow you to join the funsters if you ain't already booked.....even if there is room and the Marshall approves.

The ' management' are worse than the caravan club for jobsworth status

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
unfortunately, Peter, this is a warners show....definitely and categorically NO.... you can't transfer tickets.

And once booking has closed they will not be moved and allow you to join the funsters if you ain't already booked.....even if there is room and the Marshall approves.

They used to transfer tickets for an exorbitant charge - like £20. Has that stopped?

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp

that's what I thought can they be transferred to another person I just don't like the idea of paying and not be able to make it I would rather give them away

Hillbum

Free Member
Jun 4, 2013
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
One year
Malvern and others

OK here we are, a newbie, both to m/homing and MHFun.
IF we were to come to Malvern or any other show, why book in with the 'club'. I can see via the online chat that many seem to know others, presumably from show/site visits, but what actually goes on at the shows and how welcoming are you all to newcomers?

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Welcome to Fun - you will be made very welcome at the shows - as long as you are camping with Fun and not with any other strange forum!:thumb::thumb:

Catherine

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
IF we were to come to Malvern or any other show, why book in with the 'club'. I can see via the online chat that many seem to know others, presumably from show/site visits, but what actually goes on at the shows and how welcoming are you all to newcomers?

Hello and welcome to Fun, the only way I can describe the difference is if CALSBURG did rally's it would be a FUN rally, why not join us and find out. :Smile:

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Welcome to Fun Mr Hillbum...

I think mostly everyone enjoys a "Fun" meet.

Take Malvern. Around a 100 Funster vans will be there. ..

You will be made very welcome but you will not be pestered to do anything if you don't want.

At Malvern there is the motorhome show itself where you can browse around loads if new/used vans for sale and also checkout the accessory stalls for motorhome toys/gadgets/must have items.

During the day Funsters wander around chatting and meeting people... in the evenings some folk likpe to take a chair over to the (private) "marquee" and while away some time getting to know people.

I bet it won't take you long before you meet up with like minded folk and you are away...

Check out the Malvern meet. If you don't have a good time I will be very surprised and will give you a Fray Bentos pie as consultation...

Last edited:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011

Hello Hillbum. I am relatively new on here too but we braved a Funster meet at Chester this Easter and had a good time. It was bitterly cold so there wasn't much getting together in the evening but we still met loads of people and put faces to names. We then went to the Bring and Buy sale at Wrenbury and had a great time. The good weather bought everyone out their vans so you couldn't help but meet people and make friends.

Everyone is very friendly and welcoming. If you show up to gatherings and don't hide in the van you will go away with lots of new friends....and probably a hangover! :ROFLMAO:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
its fun its friendly you meet like minded people there are no stuffy rules you put faces to names after around 10pm we are all mostly rat arsed you can get good advice (before 10pm of course) and we are always the best turned out club all the vans are inline and pristine clean no noise whatsoever after 10pm (most are on their backs like dead beetles) and jim is a hard task master every now and then we forrage into the darkside's camp and have a raid on their squaws o and best of all u get a 2 quid discount :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back