Free Member
Sep 18, 2009
Stone, Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
24 on and off
Has anyone got a SOG toilet kit fitted? I am thinking of getting one and wanted to know any
pros and cons from users of one.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Yup.. for me the biggest pro is we use about 1/8th the water and of course it lasts a LOT longer between empties too

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
You can make your own for free,search DIY SOG on here
terry

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Yes &it's very good.

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
SOG SOG SOG

Thetford make a electric ventilator that fits the the C260 (and I think the C250) and it's a neater solution that the SOG system.

I'm taking cover as I expect a battering from the SOG fans :RollEyes:

weejohnw

Free Member
Aug 3, 2008
Richhill
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Started August 2008
SOG

Fitted SOG three years ago and I haven't found any difficulties yet.
Less nasty smells, from either you know what, or the chemicals
you don't need as much water (already mentioned)
Don't need expensive thin loo paper
can be emptied into septic tank as no nasty chemicals
Contents of cassette seems to be more runny so easier to empty.
Highly recommended. But then that's my opinion, based on experience, not hearsay.::bigsmile:

freelanderuk

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
Saltfleet/Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
How does a 12 volt fan mean you need less water and don't need thin loo paper , all it does is suck the stink out when you open the blade and pump it out side for other people to smell, hard hat ::bigsmile:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
How does a 12 volt fan mean you need less water and don't need thin loo paper , all it does is suck the stink out when you open the blade and pump it out side for other people to smell, hard hat ::bigsmile:

it;s susposed to encourage bateria growth :winky: should be no smells as it goes through a carbon filter :Smile:-no idea about less water mines alway full/filled with Pee ::bigsmile:
terry

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

I was thinking the same as you! I have parked next to someone with a SOG and confirm that they can expel the pong to the outside as we definitely detected a nasty niff coming from it, needless to say we moved!

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Does ANYONE actually use the 'proper' paper?

They'll be believing motorhome salesmen next!:Eeek:

freelanderuk

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
Saltfleet/Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
it;s susposed to encourage bateria growth :winky: should be no smells as it goes through a carbon filter :Smile:-no idea about less water mines alway full/filled with Pee ::bigsmile:
terry
How many people actually change the carbon filter, all the people I have spoken to you have never changed it and some had removed it

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I change it if it starts to niff,but also if away I would simply revert to the blue stuff if needed.--- Yes we only use Crushele or Andrex loo roll -in fact I am on our last 2 x24 packs of what was Charmin from the garage -24 rolls in van yesterday-so a stock up is now required :thumb:
If anyone sees them on offer in Lidl @ £7.50 for 24 drop me a message I will be getting around 20 packs to replenish the garage ::bigsmile:
terry

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We once bought some of the 'proper' motorhome loo paper when we were 'novices' (it was on offer at the time though!) but then changed to using the basic stuff from supermarkets (2-ply) but I now insist on better quality (3-ply) as I just ended up using more of the basics stuff so it didn't work out any cheaper and also doesn't "do what it's supposed to" quite as well as the 3-ply and can leave some ... er ... nobbly bits ... ladies will understand what I'm talking about!::bigsmile:

weejohnw

Free Member
Aug 3, 2008
Richhill
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Started August 2008
It just takes less water flushed into the cassette to make the stuff in there go more runny. Don't understand how it works, just does.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back