Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
I took the car in for the MOT this morning, failed on one tyre which I knew was on the limit. Tyre changed and 20 minutes later left with a new ticket......:thumb:

Then this afternoon took the Motorhome down to the Council testing Station. The MOT will expire on July 30th when we are on holiday in Europe.
It sailed through with no advisories, only comments from the Tester was that it was in excellent condition...:thumb:

Despite all that whilst sitting in the waiting areas, (watching the cricket on Skygo on iPad), why is it that I still get butterflies in my stomach, as though I'm sat outside the headmaster's office waiting to be reprimanded for having been a naughty lad.... I'm a grown man for goodness sake...:Blush::Blush:

Still great result and just over a week till we hit the road for our summer hols.....:Cool::Cool:

::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Despite all that whilst sitting in the waiting areas, (watching the cricket on Skygo on iPad), why is it that I still get butterflies in my stomach, as though I'm sat outside the headmaster's office waiting to be reprimanded for having been a naughty lad.... I'm a grown man for goodness sake...:Blush::Blush:

Same here. It doesn't help when the mechanic increases the tension ...like he did with my car last month...

(Mechanic comes back into reception/waiting room)

Me: (thinking) he hasn't said anything...he's printing the forms out...looks good

Mechanic: "All done..."

Me: (thinking) Brilliant! :thumb:

"OK!"

Mechanic: "....I'm afraid it's failed.....blah...blah..."

Me: (thinking) NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! :cry:

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
It's like going to the dentist, we always expect the dentist or MOT station to find something wrong which will be painful.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
I usually get a pre mot and service done at the same time then if it fails the test which would be a real daft thing for the garage to do as they have just done anything that wanted doing I only have one visit to make. I may be a bit over the but if it wont do 4k miles before it needs replacing do it now because when I decide to go, I go.:thumb:
Steve

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I agree about worrying over MOT's. I still do.

I reckon it goes back to the times when I was a student and couldn't afford the repairs.

Then again I keep having dreams that I haven't passed all my exams.

It's always June/ July:Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back