Tell me this isn't Google's idea of a better version of Maps! (1 Viewer)

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
It's not just me is it? On Mac/Firefox + Safari, and Windows 7/Firefox + IE...Google Maps web site...

..."Maps" mode, not "Satellite"...

...most of the A-, and all of the B-roads have no colour scheme, so they look like unclassified roads.

The A48 leaves Cardiff looking like an A-road (orange)..and then goes white even though it's actually dual carriageway in places!

What a mess :Sad:

(And....the sea/lakes/rivers are a horrible light blue colour now, but that's a minor point in comparison).

OP
OP
1_man_and_his_dob(lo)
Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
You tried Streetmap.co.uk? Full OS images etc

Haven't looked at it for a while. Always found it a bit....um...clunky. And I'm so used to double-clicking to zoom in/out, which doesn't work.

Mind you, if this is an example of Google's planned "new Maps" and they don't fix it, I will switch to something else.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Ugh... What have they done :( M1 is now yellow not blue. Damn them.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I stuck with XP and use Chrome, so far no difference, and I hope it doesn't change.:Smile:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
I have not checked the maps today but yesterday I had a bit of a worry. Google would not load on the netbook. That is the whole application, just the little circle would spin and then stop. I backdated, no joy, updated windows as the internet was working just no browser. Realised Mcafee had snuck in (?) deleted that, Kaspersky is there already. Restarted and allsorts. For some reason I have no explorer or other programme for getting online, over zealous decluttering perhaps.
In the end I went into properties, shortcut tab, open file location, saw two chrome icons in the list. Double clicked on the one that said old chrome (I had previously tried the help option with open with old versions and that had not worked) it flashed up with it could not do it briefly after several seconds and then the application loaded. Phew, been fine since. I notice that it is once again opening with the chrome (rather than old chrome) application. I do not understand it but it is working again so all is well. Jane ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back