Fiat Ducato x250 Dual Mass Flywheel (1 Viewer)

Aug 29, 2012
North Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Panel van conversion
Exp
since 2011
Hi everyone,
Does anybody know if my 2007 120 multijet has a dual mass flywheel or is it a solid casting?.

A google search brought up some forums that said it is not, yet my local Fiat dealer is saying it is, now I am really confused!.

Have just spent several weeks travelling round some very hilly Devon and Cornwall and started having trouble changing gear about thirty miles from home, just managed to limp into the storage yard, phew!!

Would very much appreciate any replys:Smile:

bungle.bear

Free Member
Oct 14, 2011
peterborough
Funster No
MH
Self build van conversion
Exp
Hi everyone,
Does anybody know if my 2007 120 multijet has a dual mass flywheel or is it a solid casting?.

A google search brought up some forums that said it is not, yet my local Fiat dealer is saying it is, now I am really confused!.

Have just spent several weeks travelling round some very hilly Devon and Cornwall and started having trouble changing gear about thirty miles from home, just managed to limp into the storage yard, phew!!

Would very much appreciate any replys:Smile:

I have 2007 120hp 6sp 2.3lt Ducato panel van & it does not have a dual mass flywheel.

Anthony

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi this came up a few weeks back and the OP said there was about 6 different clutchs to pick from so good luck on that ::bigsmile:I think Geo said at the time it was as cheap to put a normal clutch kit on instead of the DM one for next time :winky:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Right.. just been through this !!!

To start with, is it the face lift version or the older one ?

As to finding out, I ended up foning the main dealer with the reg number and chassis number.. They told me the exact part number for the correct clutch kit which I then took to my local car shop and they got the proper kit for me ( at exactly 1/3rd the price of the main dealer ! )

If yours IS the face lift one ( sloping headlights same as the latest model ) then chances are very very high it will have the dual mass flywheel.. if pre-facelift ( like mine ) then just as likely to have a standard flywheel :thumb:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
It doesn't appear to be a dual mass - Lucas are listing a dry clutch 01/07 onwards.

If you call a motor factors with your reg number, they will confirm. If it is a dual mass, then buy the conversion kit to dry anyway!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back