LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
were going to use the overcab bed in our scout this summer, there are two straight hook type things either side of the cab/hab bulkhead hight up, what are these for? should I have a rail or something to fit to stop people rolling out of the bed?

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Yes I think its for a net.

We have a type of curtain that you can pull up. I havent used the bed but my son likes it and says its very comfortable.

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
Yes I think its for a net.

We have a type of curtain that you can pull up. I havent used the bed but my son likes it and says its very comfortable.

I thought it must be for something, we dont have a net, but I nicked the cargo net from my car, we use it to stop stuff falling on our heads when driving, so we'll use it to stop sleeping passangers as well:thumb:

thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pvw10

Free Member
Mar 3, 2012
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
since 2011 after tugging.
I thought it must be for something, we dont have a net, but I nicked the cargo net from my car, we use it to stop stuff falling on our heads when driving, so we'll use it to stop sleeping passangers as well:thumb:

thanks

Yes as above, a roller blind net at the bottom that clips to the roof brackets.

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Cab Bed

Hi, If its like mine there should be a chrome rail and a sleeve /and a flap /which should be fixed into the hooks to stop you or anyone else :Smile:falling out its all part of the mattress check under the mattress to see if its hiding there:thumb:

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Hi, If its like mine there should be a chrome rail and a sleeve /and a flap /which should be fixed into the hooks to stop you or anyone else :Smile:falling out its all part of the mattress check under the mattress to see if its hiding there:thumb:

Mines like Mike's, it's attached to the mattress underneath.

jb0371old

Free Member
Jul 8, 2011
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
1 year
I would ask the qustion,

How many times have you ever rolled out of bed. As a grown adult do you reckon you woud need it::bigsmile:

M

Madwife

Deleted User
We used to sleep in the overcab in our first MH and never used the net. There is plenty of room and its unlikely that you would roll over and fall out. I think it's really a safety feature for small kids.

Kath

pvw10

Free Member
Mar 3, 2012
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
since 2011 after tugging.
were going to use the overcab bed in our scout this summer, there are two straight hook type things either side of the cab/hab bulkhead hight up, what are these for? should I have a rail or something to fit to stop people rolling out of the bed?

I don't know where you are but I sold out Apache yet still have the ladder if any use to you.

Re the thread the net was ace, it held all things safely in place and for its proper use (kids) they could be safely caged in as all kids should he he

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
I would ask the qustion,

How many times have you ever rolled out of bed. As a grown adult do you reckon you woud need it::bigsmile:

its not for me, I too well endowed to get up there, its for my daughter &son -in law, so got to lock the l buXXers in:Eeek:

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
I don't know where you are but I sold out Apache yet still have the ladder if any use to you.

Re the thread the net was ace, it held all things safely in place and for its proper use (kids) they could be safely caged in as all kids should he he

thanks, Ive got the ladder, got a made up net, not sure if we have the proper one tucked up under the mattress as we never normaly use it

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
In our Hobby its under the mattress but my sister in law who sleeps up there has never used it which was OK until she had a dream where she was falling, woke up in a blind panic !!

I think its for kids really

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
I found it, it was as said part of the the mattress, sewed onto the edge with a bar to lock into the hooks. As the materess is normally folded it was out of sight, ( and out of mind)

anoter job sorted:thumb:

Daifuse

Free Member
Feb 20, 2013
Milford Haven
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Since 2011
I found it, it was as said part of the the mattress, sewed onto the edge with a bar to lock into the hooks. As the materess is normally folded it was out of sight, ( and out of mind)

anoter job sorted:thumb:

It's part of the mattress on my Cheyenne - incidentally, they have these on yachts, saves off-watch crew from falling out of their bunks when the boat heels over!

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
thanks, Ive got the ladder, got a made up net, not sure if we have the proper one tucked up under the mattress as we never normaly use it

It may be a roller blind type, there will be a couple of tell-tale straps and clips that attach to the roof clips somewhere. They roller is usually just inside the bed base lip.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back