LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Had a message from Paypal saying JB from Motorhome fun has suspended my annual payment for subscription. It doesn't seem to be a scam as they haven't asked me to do anything about it or provided a link to click on. I even checked on my Paypal account history and it shows this payment as 'suspended'. I don't think I qualify for free life membership so what should I make of it? I've emailed Jim but not heard back yet.
Wyn

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
send Jim a PM to confirm.

I got an email, supposedly from PayPal, stating it contained my receipt for payment to Skype for 6 months subscription and a link to claim an instant refund if it wasn't authorised.

I don't use Skype !...bit of a giveaway that .

Checked on my official paypal account and nothing listed under payments sent...or anywhere else

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
I got one the other day supposedly from HRMC saying i am due a rebate on my last tax payment.I nearly peed myself laughing.Even more so when it asked me to log in to my bank account to check payment.:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

philk

Free Member
Jul 21, 2011
Lancs
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
Paypal

Good luck with PayPal. The charge a fortune a minute and put you on hold, my last call cost £6 and I didnt get my problem solved.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Yes my payment was also suspended by Jim via Paypal which I was going to sort with Jim to see what is occurring on our return from France lolol .. :thumb:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Either you lot havent any cash in your PayPal or your credit card details have expired or Jim has not completed all the money laundering rubbish one has to comply with these days, hence the transactions being suspended unit he qualifies.

Dunno you can always send them to me:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Peter

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Good luck with PayPal. The charge a fortune a minute and put you on hold, my last call cost £6 and I didnt get my problem solved.

You're right. I phoned them once a while back and it cost me a fortune, probably more than what I was querying:cry: The girl was very helpful, but spoke very slowly........I wonder why!!

I have stopped accepting customer payments through Paypal now because they deduct a 5% fee from each transaction which includes any carriage charges.
It's ok to use them to pay others, but not for receiving payments. However, there is a way round receiving payments and not having to pay a fee.
I have had "spoof" e-mails from Paypal and Barclays quite a lot recently:Angry:

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
You're right. I phoned them once a while back and it cost me a fortune, probably more than what I was querying:cry: The girl was very helpful, but spoke very slowly........I wonder why!!

I have stopped accepting customer payments through Paypal now because they deduct a 5% fee from each transaction which includes any carriage charges.
It's ok to use them to pay others, but not for receiving payments. However, there is a way round receiving payments and not having to pay a fee.
I have had "spoof" e-mails from Paypal and Barclays quite a lot recently:Angry:

care to elaborate?

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
A lot of people appear to have been receiving these emails recently. I received one a couple of weeks ago and, as there was no problem with payments from my paypal account, I decided it was a scam. Having read Paypal help online regarding scams I then forwarded the email to:
spoof@paypal.co.uk

Can I suggest you all do the same rather than spending a fortune phoning them, and then paypal might eventually look into this.
Do not click on the link in the spoof email!!

stevensson10

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
normanton
Funster No
MH
fiat ducatti auto rller 5
Exp
im a newbie
subscriptions

yes my subscription is due on Friday I thought when I joined it would be paid by direct debit out of my account but apparently not so will ring jim today and pay by my visa card. I will also ask him if future subs can be paid by direct debit as I pay all my bills by d/d kind regards. steve:Smile:

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Had a mail from Ebay
"You have missed this item" ----something I did not bid on.
Please log in to change notifications settings :Eeek:

Logged in the correct way, nothing there , low life scammers at work

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back