Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILD
Exp
Hi
the fridge works on gas and 12v but not on mains any advice please thanks in advance

robi49

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Beith
Funster No
MH
low profile Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Fridge

Hi re-fridge, I plugged into mains to pre cool fridge for hols, 240v light on in control panel right turn fridge to 240v on fridge control panel bugg---r nothing. ah well check trips fuses all ok ah i say to myself check it on gas oh it works now lets try 12v switch to 12volt on van main control panel while fridge is still set to 240v hey presto green light it is working.
Silly old bug--r.
robi:whatthe:

G8WVW

Free Member
Jan 15, 2013
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 1990 on/off
First find your multimeter, remove lower external grill and somewhere on the fridge back there's a white three-terminal 'chocolate' block terminal strip. Check there is 220-Volts or thereabouts between the terminal with blue and brown wires.

Cheers.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Does anything else work on the 240v? If not, maybe the RCD on the Electric Hookup socket has tripped and needs resetting, or maybe your EHU cable is faulty.

If other 240v stuff is working OK it might be the fridge fuse inside the control box that needs replacing.

Is the thermostat set properly? If the fridge is already cold enough, it won't draw current until the thermostat tells it to. I've been panicked by that one a few times. Try altering the thermostat setting while on 240v, and see if the light flicks on/off.

Can't think of any other cheap solutions.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
When we first got our new van we found that the fridge didn't work on EHU. Eventually found that it was plugged into a 13A socket on the floor of the cupboard next to the fridge. The plug was in but the switch on the socket was off.:Sad: Whats the point of that switch? if you needed to isolate the fridge for maintenance you would remove the plug or disconnect the EHU completely :Doh:

Gordon

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
When we first got our new van we found that the fridge didn't work on EHU. Eventually found that it was plugged into a 13A socket on the floor of the cupboard next to the fridge. The plug was in but the switch on the socket was off.:Sad: Whats the point of that switch? if you needed to isolate the fridge for maintenance you would remove the plug or disconnect the EHU completely :Doh:

Gordon
Hi

Only work on 240v if you are completely competent! my advise would be to take it to your local dealer and let them carry out any necessary rerpairs.

Just a reminder that when using your fridges in these hot conditions please set the thermostat on as low as it will go, the reason being these type of fridges can easily overheat and will not cool your beer !!!

Have a great weekend

Glenn Workshops

www.johnscross.co.uk

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back