Free Member
Jun 30, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Knaus sun Ti
Exp
1year
Well last few days of a great trip, from Santander to north and South Portugal then southern Spain, and now back to near Bilbao, stayed in some great places mainly asci sites,met some great people and animals and made some lovely friends.But now ready to come home after 10 weeks, looking forward to seeing the family,:Smile: hope its still summer by Friday::bigsmile:

Spottycatz

Free Member
Feb 17, 2013
Racodorm
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low Profile
Exp
Still making mistakes! But they're not as costly.
Excellent, are you going to post reviews of the sites you stayed in? :thumb:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
A lovely trip, we did ours in February :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RogeTeri

Free Member
Apr 8, 2012
Abrantes, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
February 2013.
Camping Playa Las Dunas

I can recommend this site! We stayed there on our way back home to Portugal having travelled along the Costa del Sol and a visit to Gibraltar. The site is near Cadiz and is over the road to a lovely beach. 18 euro for the van us and two dogs. A very clean and well organised site with great security. It has a pool restaurant and bars on the beach. Will certainly return for a week later in the year. It's within reasonable travelling distance of Gibraltar. We crossed over to the Rock and stopped in the Morrisons car park. Filled the van with essential supplies of curry and cooking sauces etc. never been as happy in an English supermarket before!

D

Deleted member 22420

Deleted User
Pleased to hear of your travels.

About to set off in late August to do the round trip of the peninsular to include Portugal on the way out and call in at Gibraltar having (fish and chips there is on my tick box!).

So questions: what is the state of play re tolls in Portugal? I read somewhere that you can use your debit card at a point of entry which then electronically is deducted as you pass through tolls.

Secondly: is there an overnight parking in Gibraltar? If not - nearest point within Spain?

Lastly: we'd like to take a day trip to Morocco. Advice please on where to do it and nearest campsite.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi. there are campsites in tarifa .you can get a ferry at tarifa .
or there is a ferry from gibralter . but camping there is a few miles away .
personally i would say forget a day trip . tangiers or ceuta arent places to go if you havent been before .they could put you off for ever . ceuta isnt so bad but tangiers we just drive away as fast as we can its ,,,,,well cant say here .
nobody hangs around tangiers ,even when the spanish crossing was shut the soldiers etc went down the coast to ashilah or the coast the other way .

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Well last few days of a great trip, from Santander to north and South Portugal then southern Spain, and now back to near Bilbao::bigsmile:

Never done Portugal, but Spain, there are sights that make you wonder if your eyes are working. I don't know any other EU country with such variety.

From simple glorious beaches to Mars.

It has a lot to offer. Yet it still manages to go bankrupt. That takes some effort.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back