Free Member
May 9, 2013
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
Exp
Since 2013
Does anybody know about proxy addresses ?We live in Northern Ireland and have just found out that if we visit Republic of Ireland (or of course anywhere in Europe )that we cannot access b&b iplayer on the ipad.

The proxy system suggests that if we use them,that we will be able to access the iplayer anywhere in Europe.There is of course a cost but is it legit ?

Www.hidemyass.com is where I found some information

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
Does anybody know about proxy addresses ?We live in Northern Ireland and have just found out that if we visit Republic of Ireland (or of course anywhere in Europe )that we cannot access b&b iplayer on the ipad.

The proxy system suggests that if we use them,that we will be able to access the iplayer anywhere in Europe.There is of course a cost but is it legit ?

Www.hidemyass.com is where I found some information

use filmon that dont require nothing to block a ip or a proxy if not get firefox and add the addon that tricks the sites into thinking u r in the country you need to be to allow iplayer

Deckard

Free Member
Mar 26, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
...looking
Exp
Noob
please refer to Grommetts post.....its about payment providers refusing to accept online payments via VPN connections....they block paypal accounts etc IIRC?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
there is also a problem with expat shield if you have windows 8
and it can massively slow your laptop down
use firefox and anonymoX addon i have had no problem with this bbc iplayer itv iplayer all work also i do the eruo lottery online while away i have always had to get my daughter to log in and renew it with firefox and anonymoX i can do it myself and all for nothing

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 20, 2009
Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
Expatshield is free as far as I am concerned and works here in France with no problem to any programs I run on windows 7. Although I do have a fast 23mb internet connection.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back