LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
As a newbie I have had the motorhome sitting on the driveway for 2 weeks now and keep wakening up and looking out the window to see if its still there( novelty will wear off) so today my mum bought a Milenco wheel clamp.

The tyre size is 215 x 70x 15 so we were told it was a 15 inch we needed.
Sounds logical but I have just fitted it and the 2 bottom parts to the left and right don't sit on the ground. ..Please does someone know .Is this right?

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
a picture is worth a million words

As a newbie I have had the motorhome sitting on the driveway for 2 weeks now and keep wakening up and looking out the window to see if its still there( novelty will wear off) so today my mum bought a Milenco wheel clamp.

The tyre size is 215 x 70x 15 so we were told it was a 15 inch we needed.
Sounds logical but I have just fitted it and the 2 bottom parts to the left and right don't sit on the ground. ..Please does someone know .Is this right?

Any chance of a photo or two?:thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Ok just taken photos now trying to figure out how to upload them without a url. :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Hopefully attached now?

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
I should stay awake all night a wheel clamp like that will take a determined thief 2 -4 minutes to get off, good alarm with movement sensors and tracker is the only option

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
I would not stay awake all night.... I would just sleep, and sleep well.....:thumb:

First of all I guess you have insurance, so you are "protected"...

and your wheel clamp will, as posted above cause a small delay to any opportunistic thief..... a determined thief will get what he is after....

I know some folk who have spent more time and money protecting their vans than they do protecting their houses.....

Then when they go away, they lock themselves inside, have locking bars between the cab doors, perimeter alarms, motion alarms, signs saying wild dogs inside, ...

I wonder why they bother going away?.......:Doh:

::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Ok thx for replies. Maybe I will keep an old phone with gps hidden in van then I can track it so long as I remember to charge the phone every week or so. I know its not a new van our anything but delighted with it just the same. Im so happy mum finally achieved her dream of getting one and I get share too ::bigsmile:

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
Ok thx for replies. Maybe I will keep an old phone with gps hidden in van then I can track it so long as I remember to charge the phone every week or so. I know its not a new van our anything but delighted with it just the same. Im so happy mum finally achieved her dream of getting one and I get share too ::bigsmile:

That sounds like a good idea, it not just having the van stolen its all the belongings inside, all the extra's and if you have perfect layout for you its finding another, then of course when you have had a van nicked off your drive the insurance company no doubt consider that when you have your next renewal.
I am guilty of having a full alarm and a phantom tracker, expensive yes, peace of mind priceless:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back