Austria (1 Viewer)

Jul 13, 2011
Stoney Stanton
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2010
Is it necessary to purchase a vignette for travel in Austria even if you do not intend to use the Motorways?:Blush:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
in short NO but, it is really easy to get caught out as a number of roads join directly onto motorways and your on before you know it.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
I would get one anyway. They cost less than 10 euros and the fine for not having one is 125 euros I think. We were stopped last year for speeding and didn't have one - the policeman let us off for the vignette fine (which is why I'm not sure exactly how much it is) but we had to pay the speeding fine.
The vignette are easily obtainable at service stations.

JOHNSTEY

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Our fourth glorious year!
8.50 euros for a 10 day vignette...absolute bargain compared to tolls in France and Italy!:thumb: Just buy from a petrol stop before you get to the border they all sell them...easy!

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
8.50 euros for a 10 day vignette...absolute bargain compared to tolls in France and Italy!:thumb: Just buy from a petrol stop before you get to the border they all sell them...easy!

Coppers !

But we have done Fussen to Italy via Rechsen Pass three times now quite legally and it's one of Europe's most beautiful runs.

There is one heart stopping moment when you come head on to a motorway entrance, then spot another exit on the roundabout at the last second.

Mind you, I did tunnel out of Stalag 69 using only a toothbrush and a coat-hanger and came out in Hyde Park.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back