Jura shake down trip: first outing in new van (1 Viewer)

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Picked up the new Laika last week and spent that weekend getting it ship shape. Thought we'd take a "shake down" trip this weekend in the Jura just to iron out any little issues before setting out next weekend for Croatia, via Italy and Slovenia, then back via Austria.

Armed with a notepad and pen we set out Saturday morning for the huge 1hr 45mins journey that gets us to Clairvoux les lacs as there are some nice grassy campsites there that are straight onto the lake and near the beach. It rained, well at least we know it doesn't leak :thumb: although muddy dogs and a shiny new van are a bad combo, especially an 11 month old nutter of an Irish Terrier.........

Rain did stop on Saturday evening so normal play resumed and today the weather was really very nice with the children enjoying the lake in the child swimming area that has 2 life guards on duty 9am - 6pm

Our Dutch neighbors certainly thought I'd lost it when I must have re-arranged the garage storage area about 15 times, I'm nearly happy with it:whatthe:

A quick pic of some sun (finally)

IMG_0640.jpg

Now I just have to get through the list of tasks before we set out in 5 days time:Eeek:

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
How strange, we also had four days at Clairvoux Les Lacs, arrived Sunday 16th June, one night at ACSI site Yelloh, found it lacking in character, went hunting and stayed for three nights at La Prairie in Boissia. Two of the three nights we were the only residents and had the pool to ourselves.

Hope your next adventure goes well.

Steve

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
How strange, we also had four days at Clairvoux Les Lacs, arrived Sunday 16th June, one night at ACSI site Yelloh, found it lacking in character, went hunting and stayed for three nights at La Prairie in Boissia. Two of the three nights we were the only residents and had the pool to ourselves.

Hope your next adventure goes well.

Steve

I think the Yelloh site is the 3rd one along the lake ? have stayed at first 2 now but the last one looked more like a holiday village when I walked around it a few weeks back hence this time we went to the first one which was pretty much OK and was right next to the beach, well more like the area next to the lake that has about 100tons of grit next to it, but you can make grit castles as we found out today.

Will take a look at your Boissia site next time up there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
WE must have just missed you - we were at Clairvaux, Le Grand Lac campsite, 20 & 21 June! Had a fantastic thunderstorm there and bought some nice wine! Great toyshop too...

Catherine

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
WE must have just missed you - we were at Clairvaux, Le Grand Lac campsite, 20 & 21 June! Had a fantastic thunderstorm there and bought some nice wine! Great toyshop too...

Catherine

That's the place we were at the weekend. I think it's the nicer of the 3 on the lake side although the one mentioned in Boissia looks good.

Yep weather tends to get stuck on the Jura and it can be quite interesting up there, it's our local Lake District only slightly higher up.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back