Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
Would you walk across someone's pitch ?? First site we have stayed on where people just walk across your pitch right next to your MH
Site is layed out with hard standing then grass but they don't even walk on the grass !! Just straight across the gravel next to your MH not even a large site so no excuse for not just walking round the road
Bad manners or not ???

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
It is indeed bad form, but we noticed it only seems bad form in the UK, continentals never seem to worry about it..
Perhaps it is the 'stiff upper lip and vaguely isolationist' part of our [HI]physici [/HI] make up :Blush: ::bigsmile:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Had it happen to us when a family walked under out wind out awning as a short cut they even squeezed by our table, when I mentioned to them they looked shocked that it bothered me but not as shocked as they where when I sat on their pitch sunbathing :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Yes, it happens a lot, it does annoy us but then that's because we wouldn't walk across someone else's pitch. We would respect the privacy of others, however, sadly anything goes these days:Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Would you walk across someone's pitch ?? First site we have stayed on where people just walk across your pitch right next to your MH
Site is layed out with hard standing then grass but they don't even walk on the grass !! Just straight across the gravel next to your MH not even a large site so no excuse for not just walking round the road
Bad manners or not ???

Best not to pitch in front of the only tap...

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Was it in the UK, to me it does show bad manners, and not what I would call normal, in Europe the site etiquette does seem different.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I had the whole family trooping over my pitch a few weeks ago.

I asked Daddy Chav what he thought he was doing and apparently he was going to the 'showa'

Not sure it sunk in because one of the kids walked back the same route.:Doh:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011

I asked Daddy Chav what he thought he was doing and apparently he was going to the 'showa'

Chris, you're welcome to borrow our Rottweiler any time:roflmto:

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Bad manners or not ???

You ought to be like a southerner (North/south devide) and put loads of wind breaks to the boundary of your pitch:Doh:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
These are the risks you take when staying on campsites...

Are some of us more "territorial" than others?

Arrive on site and immediately bang in the poles for the windbreak...

JJ :Cool:

stevensson10

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
normanton
Funster No
MH
fiat ducatti auto rller 5
Exp
im a newbie
Had it happen to us when a family walked under out wind out awning as a short cut they even squeezed by our table, when I mentioned to them they looked shocked that it bothered me but not as shocked as they where when I sat on their pitch sunbathing :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
did you get sunburnt

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007

Is this you Gerry?? Link Removed :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
camocam1

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
Thanks for the replays and yes we are in the UK a private site at Cheddar and we have now moved pitch and seems fine unless anyone wants to walk into hedge other pitch was at the end of an oval and near the water tap so became a short cut you live and learn
Cheers

N&K

Free Member
May 26, 2008
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 630L
Exp
We set the length of our dogs lead appropriate to the pitch size if people start walking across it::bigsmile:

Mentioned above, its seems normal abroad for people to do this.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Now I remember why I tend to steer well clear of campsites. Wilding rules :thumb:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Friend of mine was found in some one's front Garden picking their flowers.
Home owner, very irate came rushing out, "What the hell are you doing stealing my flowers?"

My friend replied, "You've just been in one of my paddocks picking Mushrooms, I followed you home, and now I'm titting for tatting"

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years

Had you disturbed them in any way Chris ? ::bigsmile: Just saying.

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
Some mh owners, wave as you go by, smile when in the campsite shop and then mark out the pitch and make sure that you know to pi$$ off and don't come near me while I am on my " property" seems to happen more in the UK than Europe.

I am touring England and Scotland (won't venture into Wales cos it rains :ROFLMAO:) soon( mid July and August )and if you see us (Spanish reg) you can walk ALL over my pitch.....just bring some beers :thumb::thumb::Smile:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Some mh owners, wave as you go by, smile when in the campsite shop and then mark out the pitch and make sure that you know to pi$$ off and don't come near me while I am on my " property" seems to happen more in the UK than Europe.

I am touring England and [HI]Scotland (won't venture into Wales cos it rains :ROFLMAO:[/HI]) soon( mid July and August )and if you see us (Spanish reg) you can walk ALL over my pitch.....just bring some beers :thumb::thumb::Smile:

biased aye, anti Welsh, its going to be luvely here in July ( at least for a day ):Doh: hope you got the midge deterent for Scotland:ROFLMAO: when it rains in Scotland its horizontal and they get lots of it... thats where the Lochs come from:ROFLMAO:

enjoy the trip:thumb:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years

You could always Cr*p in his tent:thumb:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
You could always Cr*p in his tent:thumb:

I hadn't thought of that.

I would have but I couldn't be certain he was English.

::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back