"I,m a newbie
Rest assured it wont be half as good as that old hymer of yours. :ROFLMAO:

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
not got one but saw loads on our way to and from kent last weekend...seem to be very popular

something about the shape doesn't work for me though....the front view that is

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
Loved the baileys......nearly got one last week but the overcab was too small for us (I'm 6ft 5in)
Very well put together from what I gather

Sep 21, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
Transit Coachbuilt
Exp
Well travelled ex tugger.
Mate of mine bought a 745, in February, seems fantastic value for money. No problems with it so far and they're using it most weekends. From my point of view not a lot of storage but I am a hoarder with a huge garage to fill.

Daiboy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aaronn

Free Member
Apr 2, 2013
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Bailey 760
Exp
Got a 760 few months ago. No issues so far few squeaks and a couple of screws needing tightening but from what I hear all makes the same. Great value for a 6 birth.

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
Got a 760 few months ago. No issues so far few squeaks and a couple of screws needing tightening but from what I hear all makes the same. Great value for a 6 birth.

That's the one we looked at. Lovely van

Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
The plan is that we pick up our 625 on 13th June.
Beware the dimensions in the Bailey brochure we have three versions and the bed sizes differs as does the gas cylinder sizes. We plan to wait until we get our and take our own measurement re bedding.

Gordon

kidsintow

Free Member
Jun 13, 2013
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
Caravanning for years. Motorhoming since 2013.
760 arriving here on Sunday for the handover, but we've had a Bailey van with similar spec for the last few years so we know the build.

Storage is similar to our Bailey 6 berth caravan. Just differently laid out. Rear u shaped lounge and price for 6 seater did it for us. Planning to add some shelves and little bits to make more use of space and looking forward to not having to pitch and hitch anymore.

Nethernut

Free Member
Apr 25, 2011
NE Scotland
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Lowe have owned a 745 for a year, great van, very comfortable, good to drive and reasonable fuel consumption (34 mpg motorways etc, 29.5 on other roads, 27 ish in towns). Done over 8,000 miles in van so far with no problems. We are happy with our choice.

Dartagnan

Free Member
Mar 27, 2013
Bangor NI
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
This is no recommendation as I have np practical experience of any make of motorhome but, a few weeks ago I went to a dealers just to view the various makes and styles.

I made it clear to the dealer that that was what I was doing from the outset. We discussed various makes and one of the marque's he was dealer for was Bailey. He had sold a few of them since their introduction and he estimated he was down about £20k in warranty work for the past year i.e. lost work due to the lack of probs with the Bailey!

The most occurring fault was the external locker locks failing. He had also had one returned due to the customer not getting on with the width of the van particularly when reversing.

Now I accept these were the views of a dealer and he may well have an agenda but when I compared the various models within the range against other marque's I have to say they seemed very good value on comparrison.

Martin

Aaronn

Free Member
Apr 2, 2013
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Bailey 760
Exp
The most occurring fault was the external locker locks failing. He had also had one returned due to the customer not getting on with the width of the van particularly when reversing.
Martin

Yes I have the same problem with the lock on my external hook up box door. Dealer has promised to get it replaced. Also have had a few minor issues but I don't believe there is a perfect van of any make out there. But I am very fussy and very pleased with my choice.

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Rolfarris has a new one and will probably curse me for dragging him into this. It is a Bailey Approach 740SE, or similar, but I know that he and Mrs Rolfarris have just had a great trip over there in it and it produces a lovely fish pie. Please contact him for a more accurate opinion. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OyzfgkyElw"]Bailey Factory - YouTube[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDwKfk-cfkA"]About Us -- Technical Excellence - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
we looked at the Baileys last year when we eventually decided on our Adria. my main comments would be, distinct lack of storage locker space with little or no access from the outside. on the plus side they had a spare wheel in a carrier at the rear of the chassis ( if thats considered a plus). they are based on the PUG 2.2ltr and some were only 5 speed.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
we looked at the Baileys last year when we eventually decided on our Adria. my main comments would be, distinct lack of storage locker space with little or no access from the outside. on the plus side they had a spare wheel in a carrier at the rear of the chassis ( if thats considered a plus). they are based on the PUG 2.2ltr and some were only 5 speed.

There is a new Bailey at my storage place. One of the new high line jobs.

It has a 2.3 130 bhp Peugot engine. I noticed though ( because I am nosy ) that it's tax was something like £220 whereas ours, with the same engine ( size and output ) is £175.

Why is that?

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
There is a new Bailey at my storage place. One of the new high line jobs.

It has a 2.3 130 bhp Peugot engine. I noticed though ( because I am nosy ) that it's tax was something like £220 whereas ours, with the same engine ( size and output ) is £175.

Why is that?

its not to do with engine size its vehicle gross weight, if its under 3.5T its a £220 if its over 3.5T its a private HGV so £175.

also Pugs are 2.2 ltr with 130 bhp latest have 6 speed box though.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
its not to do with engine size its vehicle gross weight, if its under 3.5T its a £220 if its over 3.5T its a private HGV so £175.

also Pugs are 2.2 ltr with 130 bhp latest have 6 speed box though.

I see. My old van was £185 though.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
not sure why that would be. unless HMG have reduced the tax , is that likely:Eeek:

I just put it down to the V5 engine having lower emissions or something.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
:reel: Thank you Ivy for dragging me in! There were a few threads on this before and after the Peterborough show where we saw the 740SE displayed and ended up buying it, the Starspirit was due a service and a change of tyres so it seemed the thing to do. :roflmto:

Apprehensive about changing so close to a first trip abroad, and about the extra width, but all that was forgotten as we spent the first few days hanging on to Sandy and Ivy's (Loujess) tail as they led us a merry dance across the back streets of France, and I mean the back streets, he (and I include Ivy in this as she was CO Satnav) took us down roads so narrow they defied the Trade Description Act and were obviously originally intended for driving cattle not 7 metre motorhomes. On one of these sorties we ended up in a farmyard and I breathed a sigh of relief as we now had somewhere to turn and retrace our steps to civilisation but no, on they went on another trek into the unknown. But I digress, we spent a couple of great days with them and learnt how to extract the maximum benefit from Aires and bornes with the minimum outlay. In fact we got to Switzerland having spent less than £25 on overnight stops.

Ah, the Bailey, very impressed. Have to check the mileage against the visa bill to confirm but the computer was showing 28 mpg over 2000 miles, not bad on a brand new vehicle I suppose. Yes a lack of outside access to storage but the easy access under the bed is perfectly acceptable to us at least. Plenty of overhead and under sofa locker space, in fact we had a job filling it all but we're working on it. :Smile: Drove like a dream and whilst it's not the greatest looking van shapewise the living space inside with that extra width really made a difference. Came back with a list of "improvements" like hooks here and shelves there like you do.

Bed was extremely comfortable, have to do something with that eggcup sized washbasin though, couldn't get one foot in there let alone two, and when you do wash in it water splashes everywhere. We had a superpitch in Blankenburg and given the shower block was o/o/o for a couple of days tried our shower which was super but I wouldn't test it too often without an inexhaustible supply of water. Yep, overall we are well pleased with it.
:thumb:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Just a minor criticism but not impressed with the hab lighting, needs another ceiling mounted lamp in the forward lounge area behind the cab and the reading lamps are too much of a spotlight with no spread to them, might to to change them.

leight

Free Member
Feb 9, 2014
stone, staffs
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since june 2013
bailey 760

We bought a bailey approach 760 last june, great interior loads of space. Having covered 2500 miles in devon cornwall and wales we still gave not seen another one. Have we bought the only ine or are all the others enjoying the sun in Spain?

Scuba Steve

Free Member
Jan 21, 2015
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
We have a Bailey 750 and it's brilliant, I can't fault it at all, we had to make some modifications to the wardrobe doors as this van has two single beds at the back and we had the bed infill, this turns the two singles into a huge double bed, the only problem then is that you can't open the cupboard doors! Not a huge fix, I just took the doors down to a local cabinet maker who cut the top 3 inch off the door edged it and the we were able to fix this so that the doors then opened under neither the fixed part.
Whilst doing this I added a few extra wooden pockets to the inside of the door which is ideal storage for hats socks and my wife's apple catches (y)
Bailey have stopped making this MH and I can't think why? It has loads of storage with a large garage below th bed, easily enough for two bikes and my made up Cadac plus loads of other stuff.
We do allot of scuba diving and I can also very easily get two lots of scuba kit in the garage.
Personally I can't fault this MH and I'm absolutely over the moon with it, for the money you pay the build quality and extra width is fantastic
Just don't understand why Bailey song now make a MH with a garage???

TeeCee

Free Member
Jan 24, 2015
romford, essex
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-4
Exp
Since 2011
Bailey Approach 760 SE 2013 ...Truma Combi...Two problems both when on mains hook up (haven't tried it on gas only..maybe I should have done before writing this!)....1) works fine for days and then suddenly switches itself off..ie red warning light appears advising of a problem?....leave for a couple of mins and all seems well again.....2) more serious.....again, works fine sometimes for days and then suddenly we get a really strong noxious smell (like electrical burning?) which is at its strongest in the bathroon area where there is a blown air outlet. Switch it off..leave it for a while and all seems well and then it happens again totally randomly sometimes days later.
Really worried that it could be something sinister. Have taken it to dealer but sods law applies and they can never seem to make it happen whilst there.
ANY help would be most appreciated. TeeCee

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
sounds like an overheating of whatever thermo couple there is on the heater; and the smell from the vent is clearly being blown from the heater.

TeeCee

Free Member
Jan 24, 2015
romford, essex
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-4
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks Phil......good points....I've tried Truma previously without much luck but think I'll give it another go.
Will update if I get anywhere.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back