Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi we got back yesterday from Spain via France, all went well until the end of the A75 toll road, I nipped out to pay ( Lynn couldn,t reach due to a bad back ) I put the ticket in followed by my credit card (Valid) which was sent back out, I tried to put a 50 Euro note in but it would not be taken in to the slot, an annuled reciept came out and the barrier went up the lorries behind were all waving me to go through which I did and set of the alarm, I pulled over to the side but not much room, I then went to a locked building with a buzzer on the door after several presses and about 10 mins I spoke to a female and did my best to explain what had happened but no body came to the door, by this time the lorries using the nearside lane were blasting their horns at this silly brit parked up in their way, I called it a day before I lost the side of the van to some irate driver.

So the question is do I expect a bill OR a bill and a fine through the post ? :Sad:

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
Something similar happened to me 2 years ago in Italy. After several hours on motorways, we came off and had a problem paying, although we did try - the machine would not take any payment at all. But the barrier went up so after a while we gave up and drove off, spending the next few days worrying about whether they would come after us!

But they didn't.

You say the barrier went up and you set off the alarm driving through - are you sure? I thought the barrier did not go up unless the machine was happy!

I think you will probably be OK!

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
So if I got it right you didn't succeed in paying the toll . I have no idea what to expect but whatever happens , when it happens , just let me know . I will try to sort the problem with the tolls departement, and explain what happened. Hopefully with a paypal payment , or me giving them a check you could pay me back later, things should see a happy ending.

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Something similar happened to me 2 years ago in Italy. After several hours on motorways, we came off and had a problem paying, although we did try - the machine would not take any payment at all. But the barrier went up so after a while we gave up and drove off, spending the next few days worrying about whether they would come after us!

But they didn't.

You say the barrier went up and you set off the alarm driving through - are you sure? I thought the barrier did not go up unless the machine was happy!

I accidentally drove on an Italian tolled motorway after passing through the border. We had no Italisn cash and cards weren't accepted (this was in the late 1990s, pre-Euro). However, it turned out the operative was a collector of foreign phonecards and one of the passengers happened to have a few pretty ones on him, which seemed to help the barrier go up...

OP
OP
peter marshall

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
So if I got it right you didn't succeed in paying the toll . I have no idea what to expect but whatever happens , when it happens , just let me know . I will try to sort the problem with the tolls departement, and explain what happened. Hopefully with a paypal payment , or me giving them a check you could pay me back later, things should see a happy ending.

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile:
Thanks Frankie I will wait to see what happens and let you know. Pete :thumb:

OP
OP
peter marshall

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years

But they didn't.

Hi yep the payment didnt go through but the barrier went up and an alarm sounded has I went under the barrier. Pete

OP
OP
peter marshall

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years

But they didn't.

Yep the barrier went up and has I went through the alarm sounded. Pete

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
We are just back and had mixed results on the Autoroutes, some would accept our Eurocard and others I had to use a credit card. When I mentioned this to a girl at the campsite in Lyon she said even her card was rejected on the south exit at Lyon.

Got stung on the A75 though, after using ti for two days got to Clermont Ferrand and left it and got charged 70 cents for using a little bit of the next road!

Had to use our supermarket trolley 1 euro coin!

Rgds
Bill

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back