Free Member
Sep 6, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2012
I have a Chausson Welcome 76 and the grey waste outlet is not easy to get over some waste outlets on sites. I want to connect up a hose to the outlet but it is a straight 45 mm (external diam) short plastic pipe.

I am thinking either polypropylene compression fitting or jubilee clip fixing to enable me to run a hose to the drain on sites.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
best place for large bore flexi hose and fittings is an aquarium shop, where the parts are half the price of the same thing sold for motorhome use. I would use a jubilee type clip and large bore hose held up with releasable hose clips or cable ties

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
We have a similar problem to you.

We bale it out using a bucket and remember where we had to!

Therefore we avoid those sites where our van is not 'Welcome'!::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Is your pipe 45mm or 40mm? The reason I ask is that I thought the standards were 40mm (as on our current van) and 28mm (as on our previous van).

Our van came with a Waste Water Pipe Extension which pushes onto the plastic outlet pipe and can have ordinary domestic 40mm pipe pushed into the other end to lengthen it if need be

I bought a 5 metre length of 40mm hose from Pondkeeper in Billingham for use at home.

Southampton

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
I got some from the Range @3.99 per metre 40mm flexible same as that sold in dealers who charge around £14.00 for a 2 metre length. Got the insert tubing from B&Q.

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
This is a topic that interests us because we provide a dump point for our guests. In fact we have two, one which is for drive-over, the other for hand-held cassettes. These are connected, and the whole system is connected to our local sewerage system.

If you have a drive-over system available, what do you look for? We have a largish basin that should be OK to accept the issue from any size pipe. We also have a hose for rinsing and a totally separate tap for fresh water to which guests can attach their own hose or fill containers.

Where does the problem arise for dump hose connections? Do you need something special or should a basin be OK for dumping? Our full service pitches can accept a 3" (100mm) hose - is this enough? Any helpful comments will be appreciated.

Bob
www.parcverger.com

OP
OP
Fermenter

Fermenter

Free Member
Sep 6, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2012
This is a topic that interests us because we provide a dump point for our guests. In fact we have two, one which is for drive-over, the other for hand-held cassettes. These are connected, and the whole system is connected to our local sewerage system.

If you have a drive-over system available, what do you look for? We have a largish basin that should be OK to accept the issue from any size pipe. We also have a hose for rinsing and a totally separate tap for fresh water to which guests can attach their own hose or fill containers.

Where does the problem arise for dump hose connections? Do you need something special or should a basin be OK for dumping? Our full service pitches can accept a 3" (100mm) hose - is this enough? Any helpful comments will be appreciated.

Bob
www.parcverger.com

Hi Bob

The only problem is when some sites do not have accessible dump basins and doesn't allow us to drive over the drain. Most are great and the drain is in the middle of the road or at least accessible. However when this isn't the case then a hose connection would prove useful.

Cheers

Reg

OP
OP
Fermenter

Fermenter

Free Member
Sep 6, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2012
I got some from the Range @3.99 per metre 40mm flexible same as that sold in dealers who charge around £14.00 for a 2 metre length. Got the insert tubing from B&Q.

Hi Southampton

Where is the Range?

Thanks

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back