Sooo.. given the expected awful summer.... (1 Viewer)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
As posted before we intend to do the Malvern meet then tour the UK for 5 weeks or so..

However.....................................

Given the current weather and the dower predictions I am starting to think this may well be a mistake

Now thinking of doing Malvern ( we are booked and paid for so not gonna miss out on that shindig ),, then wandering down to Dover and doing the usual stuff.. Italy etc etc

Your opinions would be appreciated folks :thumb:

JOHNSTEY

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Our fourth glorious year!
The only way to get reasonably reliable weather is to get south of the Alps!:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Which we have been doing for many years...
Woman has seen most of Europe now but has never really seen the UK, hence our ( for us ) unusual plans.. But I cannot see any point in driving around Wales and up to Scotland just to get wet in a different location !!!!

Southampton

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
We are doing the same. Visiting mother in Cumbria next weekend then the following weekend heading South to Croatia for two months. Booked the outbound tunnel but not the return, we will come back when we are ready, probably early September. Roll on the sunshine.......Derek

May 10, 2012
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Don’t own one.
Exp
Since 2006(1986 VW T25)
We have had two glorious weeks in Wales, a lovely week in the Lakes and have just started our tour of Scotland. At the start of week weather was good, gone down hill a bit now but outlook for next week good. Yes it's nice to follow the sun each year, but you don't get to see the wonderful countryside in the UK. We are saying no matter what the weather we will tour UK whilst we can then visit Europe later.:thumb::thumb:

Southampton

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
We have had two glorious weeks in Wales, a lovely week in the Lakes and have just started our tour of Scotland. At the start of week weather was good, gone down hill a bit now but outlook for next week good. Yes it's nice to follow the sun each year, but you don't get to see the wonderful countryside in the UK. We are saying no matter what the weather we will tour UK whilst we can then visit Europe later.:thumb::thumb:

We are doing it the other way round, Europe whilst still capable and then UK later. Right now the important thing for us is the warmth and sun, hence Satnav set to South and drive, stop when tired or hit the Med (Adriatic).

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I have to make a decision.. Got to either book a ferry or book tickets for Lincoln show ..
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I would stick with the UK.

The weather won't be bad all the time after all.

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
We think the continent is fab ( even though we do like coming home after ) Just back from 10 weeks Spain, from French border down as far as Cabo De Ghat just short of Almeria, wild camping mostly ( 5 campsites ) and we think even their bad weather is better than our good weather.. So that is what makes us go abroad.. we did the last week and a half in the Lot valley, enchantingly beautiful and unique... BUT if you are not a sun worshipper, then it may be different.. !!! Go and book the bloody ferry, you know you want to !!! :Smile:
..Mitch and Jenny..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back