LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
It all depend where your going and what for. taking an expensive motorhome on holiday there, I think that it would be best avoided for a while. public disobedience and demonstrations or even strikes will cause loads of problems.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I turned down a business trip there as well due to the frequent demonstrations and strikes. A) wanted to get there and back again and B) actually find the place open when there. Greek shipowners are hard to deal with anyway...........

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

simi

Free Member
Jun 30, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Knaus sun Ti
Exp
1year
We have many friends on the islands no problems, and my cousin is in Corfu until November she say's everything is fine

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
We travelled overland in the motorhome this April/May to Crete - a journey we do virtually every year - and will be in Crete until we travel back in September. We always get the ferry from Italy to Igoumenitsa because the dogs don't like being on the ferry. This means that we drive from northern Greece to Piraeus near Athens to get the next ferry to Crete and therefore see a lot of the Greek mainland. We did not and have never experienced any problems. Ferries ran on schedule, shops/bars open, never seen a single demonstration or any trouble. Granted there are occasional strikes but you are warned about these in the press in advance and can make the appropriate arrangements.
Please remember that the press will only report on negatives - you will never find an article reporting that everything is as it should be.

COME TO GREECE - WE HAVE WALL TO WALL SUNSHINE! :Cool::Cool::Cool:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
mate get in ya van and head towards the sun make no plans and just let the road take ya to somewhere no plans and nowt can go wrong :Smile:

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
We have spent two winters in Greece . Passed a lot of time on the southern Pelopenese but had reports that this year there was no one on our usual winter site and only a couple of vans on the other site :-( very sad as we love it there . The Germans appear to be staying away as they see the Germans as being a part of their problems.

rikfos

Free Member
Feb 13, 2011
hereford
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
can any one tell me if it is safe in Greece as it has problems recently

There is no problem in Greece. The people are very welcoming.
Camping Athens is fine so long as you can cope with the traffic noise at night.
The Greeks want to see you and your money. I go to Greece and Kefallonia every year. I have never had a problem and I love the 30 degrees plus
wall to wall sunshine
Go and enjoy.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back