Free Member
Mar 5, 2011
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Been at it 18 month
Arrived in Barcelona yesterday via Grimaldi lines ferry €300 for 2passengers, MH & cabin, 20 hours crossing, great facility compared to some of the channel ferries I've been on including the Bilbao route so would recommend to anyone thinking about it.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi, that seems a good one . saves time and you could hardly drive it for that. nice one.

Deleted User
Useful to have a recommendation, we used Gran Navi Veloci from Genoa to Barcelona 4 years ago and the boat was a little 'tired'. Catering facilities were very poor but only used the cheap self service and not the proper restaurant. We are hoping to visit Italy again in the next couple of years en route ?? to Spain & Portugal and as Alan has said you could hardly drive it for that cost.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Rapide561

Free Member
Aug 5, 2007
Leeds and Lake Garda
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Ferry

Hi

You definitely can't drive for that - we know - we did it! In 2011 we drove from Barcelona to Rome, for two reasons really - we were not in a rush and we wanted to drive the old "via Aurelia" - the real road to Rome!

From memory, it took over a week but we stopped in Avignon, Antibes, Pisa etc en route.

Russell

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Arrived in Barcelona yesterday via Grimaldi lines ferry €300 for 2passengers, MH & cabin, 20 hours crossing, great facility compared to some of the channel ferries I've been on including the Bilbao route so would recommend to anyone thinking about it.

In Sienna, heading for Rome tomorrow after which we are taking ferry to Barcelona and home to Malaga. Your thread could not have come at a better moment as we have not yet booked....

1. How far ahead did you book ?
2. Did you book on line, agent or direct at port ?
3. Is payment by credit/debit card accepted.

Best regards, Bryan

OP
OP
redchad

redchad

Free Member
Mar 5, 2011
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Been at it 18 month
In Sienna, heading for Rome tomorrow after which we are taking ferry to Barcelona and home to Malaga. Your thread could not have come at a better moment as we have not yet booked....

1. How far ahead did you book ?
2. Did you book on line, agent or direct at port ?
3. Is payment by credit/debit card accepted.

Best regards, Bryan

We booked last December on line and paid by CC and printed off the ticket. Once you get to the port (Civitavecchia) you need to take the print out into the grimaldi ferry ticket office to get your actual tickets. I was only told prior to boarding so had a bit of a panic.

We stayed at camping Tiber in Rome an ACSI site great facilities with a shuttle bus to the train station every half hour then a 20 min train ride into Rome. Its an hours drive from the camp site to the Port. Any more advice message me, have a great time

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
We booked last December on line and paid by CC and printed off the ticket. Once you get to the port (Civitavecchia) you need to take the print out into the grimaldi ferry ticket office to get your actual tickets. I was only told prior to boarding so had a bit of a panic.

We stayed at camping Tiber in Rome
an ACSI site great facilities with a shuttle bus to the train station every half hour then a 20 min train ride into Rome. Its an hours drive from the camp site to the Port. Any more advice message me, have a great time

We are heading for Camping Tiber today, staying about a week. Any members around lookout for our MHF sticker, don't be put off by Spanish plates, they are where we live....... not what we are:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Regards, Bryan

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back