Sargent electronic control system (1 Viewer)

May 10, 2012
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Don’t own one.
Exp
Since 2006(1986 VW T25)
I have the Sargent EC200 control system. When I hook up, trip the main switch on, I have 240 power. Question? if I turn on the red battery charger switch the electric box cooling fan kicks in, do I need this in the on position all the time or can I turn it on when needed, i.e. top up batteries if required. In the colder months I noticed the cupboard that houses the box gets quite warm as the heater is in front of it. Would it be safe to have off over summer nights as only the fridge/freezer would be on and colder nights when heater is on as well. The reason I ask is the cooling fan is so damn noisy and I have been told this the norm for this system.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
theres no problem turning off the charger, just so long as you remember the battery/s are not charging. put it on in the daytime to top up, but switch off at night.

as for heat build up, I've always thought it stupid that the charger is often placed at the back of the wardrobe with no airflow. this contributes to the boards in them failing. you could get the fan changed for a silent computer type fan to reduce noise.

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
I have the Sargent EC200 control system. When I hook up, trip the main switch on, I have 240 power. Question? if I turn on the red battery charger switch the electric box cooling fan kicks in, do I need this in the on position all the time or can I turn it on when needed, i.e. top up batteries if required. In the colder months I noticed the cupboard that houses the box gets quite warm as the heater is in front of it. Would it be safe to have off over summer nights as only the fridge/freezer would be on and colder nights when heater is on as well. The reason I ask is the cooling fan is so damn noisy and I have been told this the norm for this system.

Have a look at the EC200 manual on here: www.sargentltd.co.uk

I have the same Sargent kit but the fan on mine rarely comes on. Sargent say the fan should only operate if the panel internal temperature goes above 35C. I suspect your temperature sensor is faulty.

Sargent recommend you leave the charger on all the time it's connected to a supply but I prefer to exercise my battery and turn off when a full charge has been achieved.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
Ours is the EC 500 and it is sited in the first overhead locker behind the drivers seat. It is well vented and I have never heard the fan at all.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back