Free Member
Jun 18, 2013
wolverhampton
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
where do you go with a 12 months old motor home 1000 miles
at least 23 faults which will need 6000 pounds to retro repair with 75% of faults from factory is there a case for new replacement.
This unit must be the worst one made by this supplier ,poss there production staff may have been pissed when they made it.
It looks good from 100mtrs.
To pay cash for shite like this i was pissed.

dickieo

Free Member
Oct 12, 2012
Cantoria . Spain .
Funster No
MH
Coach Built .
Exp
Two Years ...
at least 23 faults which will need 6000 pounds to retro repair with 75% of faults from factory is there a case for new replacement.
This unit must be the worst one made by this supplier ,poss there production staff may have been pissed when they made it.

If it was me , i would take it back and demand my money back , name and shame .

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Crikey! Really sorry to hear about this........I can understand how you feel sick, but which make of van do you have? It may be of help to others on here and there will no doubt be lots of good advice from the experts on here.

Bill

Deckard

Free Member
Mar 26, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
...looking
Exp
Noob

You need to post the name of the dealer, the make of van and what action you have taken to get these problems resolved with the dealer.

We've shown in the past the power this forum can wield, so give us the extra info please :thumb:

Dogeared

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 16, 2013
Blackburn
Funster No
MH
Eldiss autoquest 155
Exp
Since 2011
Is it time for a drive to get MH manufactures and dealers to meet their obligations

:shout:Looking across various forums about problems with retailers, their alleged warranties, and the poor manufacture of many motorhomes, especially the habitation side is it time for the forums to get together and start a campain to get them all to meet their obligations. Our van is less that 18 months old, for the last 6 months we have been trying to get Marquis Preston to resolve problems with the water system, together with other minor! niggles. They take the van in for a half day, look at the problem, which they can't find and then say run with it until the whole system breaks down. To date we have been in five times, five days lost plus the inconvenience and we are not further on. With regards to general issues, waste systems are not properly sealed, poor plumbing, to many other things to mention.

Back to the point what about a concerted efford to identify things that regularly are wrong with newish motorhomes and demand that the manufacturers and dealers take notice.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
T

themondoe

Free Member
Jun 18, 2013
wolverhampton
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
At this present time i have photo the problems and sent recorded letters to the dealer and md of the manufacturer.
This motor home was agreed at the excel show at london.
I was told at show by a top rep that buying a unit from at distrubutor not a prob you can take it liocal not the case.
We are 250 miles from seller.
Having studied this brand i have major concerns with stock faults flagging up on trhe net.
At the very least i want to warn viewers my mistakes.
When you buy a motor home first time with a ill health retirement payout from a nhs pension there is no second bite at the cake.
If i was to upload this on the net people viewing this would be shocked.
The dealer and manufacture readind this will be aware what i am on about.
It has to be considered that the other parties have the right to reply.
However should these problems not be resolved then name and shame will take place with photos to back it up and we wll let the public forum make there objective conclusion.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Sorry to hear about your problems but it really does amaze me how many people find this forum when the have a complaint but can't be bother to look before they buy. Me personally I'd rather research than regret.

I wonder have you came here for help or just to use it as a tool against the dealer.

Forgot to say welcome to fun you will get great advice on here could save you thousands.

Deckard

Free Member
Mar 26, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
...looking
Exp
Noob
At this present time i have photo the problems and sent recorded letters to the dealer and md of the manufacturer.
This motor home was agreed at the excel show at london.
I was told at show by a top rep that buying a unit from at distrubutor not a prob you can take it liocal not the case.
We are 250 miles from seller.
Having studied this brand i have major concerns with stock faults flagging up on trhe net.
At the very least i want to warn viewers my mistakes.
When you buy a motor home first time with a ill health retirement payout from a nhs pension there is no second bite at the cake.
If i was to upload this on the net people viewing this would be shocked.
The dealer and manufacture readind this will be aware what i am on about.
It has to be considered that the other parties have the right to reply.
However should these problems not be resolved then name and shame will take place with photos to back it up and we wll let the public forum make there objective conclusion.

Just tell us who they are? No need to be so secretive??

OP
OP
T

themondoe

Free Member
Jun 18, 2013
wolverhampton
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Having read your comment i agree this site i see as a tool to get a result.
Never owning a motor home before it was new too us .
When buyers go to mh show they should be aware that only the best build will be on display and they may not receive what they have seen at the show.
Any one reading this needs to know that a new mh could have 10 warranties from various suppliers.
My point is if i was to upload all info it would present thet this mh is accident damaged.
At the very best it would be classed as a B grade
Should this go legal i will invite the top people at the manufacturer to post there comment on this site.
At this moment the manufacturer can put this right,but they would have to take it on the chin and exept they have got it wrong.
This would be a bitter pill to swallow but would give confident to future buyers that they have a good after sales policy wghich would enhanced their sales.
When anyone veiwing these comments it is one sided and may not be correct.
People have asked to name and shame but the parties must be allowed to correct the problems.
This is not a witchhunt and my objective is not to effect the company sales and loose workers jobs all i seek is fair play this is why i have not named parties involved,however this may take place and this depends on the parties involved.

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
I am puzzled by your posting. Initially asking 'where do you go', and then staying stum.
If you require advice, spill the beans, and if you don't,............................

Craig

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
I would have thought coming on here was a name & shame, no point in telling half a story, if you want advice from the very knowledgeable folks on here you have to tell the full story.

From what I have read you are not the first and will not be the last

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I am puzzled by your posting. Initially asking 'where do you go', and then staying stum.
If you require advice, spill the beans, and if you don't,............................

Craig

I would have thought coming on here was a name & shame, no point in telling half a story, if you want advice from the very knowledgeable folks on here you have to tell the full story.

From what I have read you are not the first and will not be the last

Could the answer be he wants to use it as a tool to try and help persuade the dealer/manufacturer rather than spill the beers and then get them angry.

I am by no means doubting your have problems so without naming and shaming tell us what the problems are then people might be able to give advice. Personally I'd have introduced myself first with my first post then mentioned a few problems, or maybe its just the cyinc in me coming out

voyagerstan

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
torquay sometimes
Funster No
MH
library bus (ford voyager
Exp
since1976
i would not want avan that needs so much doing to it . it would strate back and sit it out till i had my cash in my hand . :Angry: (rouge trader) name and shame . stan

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
do a search by manufacturer like autotrail or swift on the net or especially this forum and you will see this sort of problem is not rare at all. even naming and shaming doesnt work as very few people have succeeded in getting their money back for an absolute lemon.

being brutally honest, the manufacturers are used to playing this game and work on the principle that most wont name and shame. letters go back and forth but nothing gets done, then its out of warranty. Those that have had success have been bound under a non disclosure contract to not make it public. the reason is that if they publicly pay out one customer it opens the flood gates to all the others. build quality of certain companies is beyond disgusting and incompetent, it is more a case of not supplying what they advertise and downright fraud. vans get built on a production line with no quality control to cut corners and save money. why would the manufacturer rectify faults when they can pass the buck to the dealers or component suppliers.

customers spend an absolute fortune buying these vans and expect quality and service to match the price paid. If the poor quality seen in some motorhomes was seen in other products, the company manufacturing them would go bankrupt as nobody would purchase their offerings

I wish you good with fighting them, but unfortunately experience tells me your going to need it. Court action might be your only option

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I note you have not subscribed, not introduced yourself or really given any detail at all, you are just using the site as a lever to get what you want and have admitted as much. That to me smacks of spam. If you want to use the systems resources in order to sort out your problem it is only fair that you subscribe.

greyman1

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
9 years motorhome / 10 years campervan
the big 1s comments are spot on . vehicle manufacturers are well used to being threatened with bad publicity by disgruntled customers, it is water off a ducks back ! i am afraid you are now in the grey area of what is "merchantable quality and fit for purpose" the fact that you have had the van for a period of time and driven it for a number of miles weakens your position somewhat. also once you have agreed to let them rectify any faults, then this can also be seen that you have accepted the vehicle and this makes it very difficult to reject it and demand a refund at a later date ! your choices are either grit your teeth and haunt the dealer till the problems are sorted under the relevent warranty or embark on the long road of litigation ! but be prepared they will fight you tooth and nail and the fact that they have been willing to try to fix the faults will put them in a good light with the court !! its for this very reason that it is sometimes preferable to buy used, so that someone else has suffered the initial depreciation and the aggro of fault rectification !! good luck. garry.

OP
OP
T

themondoe

Free Member
Jun 18, 2013
wolverhampton
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Having read the recent comments from people that have far more experience than myself in this industry i now feel more concerns with this mh than i was before.
The dealer that supplied this mh is a large operator with full facilities.
At present time they are not sure they have the skill to retro repair,and advised another mh same model was returned to the manufacturer with alot less wrong with it compared to mine.
If i play all my cards now why should the manufacturer play ball.
Having taken the mh to a independant repairer ,father son firm
who has undertaken warranty work for this manufacturer ,after 2 hours
advised he could not help me.
Full marks to this firm ,they have the skill and knowledge and would recommend any one seeking repairs ,based over redditch.
Next week i will get reponse from parties concerned,if adverse then i have notting to loose.
The dealer is aware that this is recorded with trading standards and i have high court litigation experience and will take no prisoners ,its only a game.

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Faults

Having read the recent comments from people that have far more experience than myself in this industry i now feel more concerns with this mh than i was before.
The dealer that supplied this mh is a large operator with full facilities.
At present time they are not sure they have the skill to retro repair,and advised another mh same model was returned to the manufacturer with alot less wrong with it compared to mine.
If i play all my cards now why should the manufacturer play ball.
Having taken the mh to a independant repairer ,father son firm
who has undertaken warranty work for this manufacturer ,after 2 hours
advised he could not help me.
Full marks to this firm ,they have the skill and knowledge and would recommend any one seeking repairs ,based over redditch.
Next week i will get reponse from parties concerned,if adverse then i have notting to loose.
The dealer is aware that this is recorded with trading standards and i have high court litigation experience and will take no prisoners ,its only a game.

So it appears the dealer says the manufacturer took one back with less faults than yours.. So that's your answer isn't it. You say it's only a game and that you have High Court experience then so to be perfectly honest with you and not intending to be dismissive of your problem or rude, unless you can introduce yourself, subscribe and then give some detail of the motorhome, the dealer and the faults, I, and I expect others are not particularly interested.

Last edited:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
this is now a boring thread because there is nothing for members to get their teeth into you don't need our help at all you just need publicity.:Angry:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Wait!
I too have a non-specific list of problems with a non-specific piece of equipment!
The non-specific retailer is being difficult with me in a non-specific way and I have written an undisclosed letter to the the undisclosed manufacturer of the non-specific piece of equipment.
What should I do?
Surely someone here can give me advice!:Eeek:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Wait!
I too have a non-specific list of problems with a non-specific piece of equipment!
The non-specific retailer is being difficult with me in a non-specific way and I have written an undisclosed letter to the the undisclosed manufacturer of the non-specific piece of equipment.
What should I do?

Ah, could you be a bit more specific?:winky:

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
Wait!
What should I do?

You could get a long sleeved shirt that ties behind your back, and sit rocking back and forth with the op, whilst dribbling from the corner of you mouth. And begin singing, 'I am with the cuckoo's, the cuckoo's, the cuckoo's, I am with the cuckoo's, tra, la, la, la, la'.

Craig

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Wait!
What should I do?
Not specifically!

The OP could just indicate the model and chassis

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back