2000 motorhomes a weekend pass my door (1 Viewer)

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Approx 2000 motorhomes and caravans a weekend pass my door according to the local council who did a survey a few years ago. There must be someway I can generate an income from those, any ideas appreciated.

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
an idea but I suspect 99% will be on their way to/from a site or CL so will have had an oportunity to do so within existing costs.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
I wonder how many would stop if you had a good quality drive though service point for water and waste
Some thing like the better aires style for a 2 quid payment
Makes you think

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Passing your gate involves paying an ancient turnpike toll - 50 groats a unit oughta do it

:thumb:

50 groats = £1.50

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Quite a few will be away from home for extended periods. Units get dirty outside and in. Recent threads have highlighted rules against washing on club sites, so how about a wash facility with Hoover unit. It need not be one where it involves work for you other than emptying the money machine that provides the electric/ water for a timed period, or you could provide full valet and earn a bit more.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Think not of making money from them and think instead of bringing them joy and happiness...

...then maybe the money will follow...

Karma...

(or sell them hand turned egg cups from Portuguese eucalyptus wood.)

JJ :Cool:

Fireman Sam

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
Bushey
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
Only since 2012, but I towed for many years
Put up a sign “FREE ADMISSION TO CAMPSITE FOR MOTORHOMES”
Then charge them an exit fee.

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Quite a few will be away from home for extended periods. Units get dirty outside and in. Recent threads have highlighted rules against washing on club sites, so how about a wash facility with Hoover unit. It need not be one where it involves work for you other than emptying the money machine that provides the electric/ water for a timed period, or you could provide full valet and earn a bit more.
regretfully there is no electric on site.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Have you tried those little white signs that are placed on the grass verge and spaced out to give drivers a chance to read them?

Attention motorhomes

Overnight stop next left

£5

Or something like that.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I am for the loo empty and water filling, but why stay with M/Hs :Smile: also put a shed on site and open a farm shop selling fresh egs and spuds etc-If you cannot grow enough to keep up with demand--you buy them in wholsale then sell them on --there's a garden centre near us and all they sell are pasnies and begonias -or at least that's what it looks like -pansies from seed and begonias from cuttings that even I can take and grow :thumb:ALSO fresh cut flowers?Around here there are a couple of lay-bys with vans on selling veg eggs spuds the other does flowers both seem to do very well:thumb: Sarnies?
Again we have a dirt cheap warehouse what sells plants ie 70p per plant that gets sold on market stalls for £2 :Eeek:Another that get 2 or 3 wagon loads of flowers from Holland that tripple in price on the markets :winky:::bigsmile:-I am thinking more on plants because you only need to water them until you sell them where the flowers only last so long ::bigsmile:
terry

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
Approx 2000 motorhomes and caravans a weekend pass my door according to the local council who did a survey a few years ago. There must be someway I can generate an income from those, any ideas appreciated.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
FREE FRAY BENTOS PIES???????????????????????????????????

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Is there something special about me that people think I should work for nowt, don't I deserve an income, if not what makes me different to everyone else, am I a green alien or something.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I am for the loo empty and water filling, but why stay with M/Hs :Smile: also put a shed on site and open a farm shop selling fresh egs and spuds etc-If you cannot grow enough to keep up with demand--you buy them in wholsale then sell them on --there's a garden centre near us and all they sell are pasnies and begonias -or at least that's what it looks like -pansies from seed and begonias from cuttings that even I can take and grow :thumb:ALSO fresh cut flowers?Around here there are a couple of lay-bys with vans on selling veg eggs spuds the other does flowers both seem to do very well:thumb: Sarnies?
Again we have a dirt cheap warehouse what sells plants ie 70p per plant that gets sold on market stalls for £2 :Eeek:Another that get 2 or 3 wagon loads of flowers from Holland that tripple in price on the markets :winky:::bigsmile:-I am thinking more on plants because you only need to water them until you sell them where the flowers only last so long ::bigsmile:
terry
all very labour intensive and I struggle to grow my own fruit and veg, besides there is no layby for roadside selling and a farm shop would require planning permission and have about as much chance of that as winning the lottery.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Is there something special about me that people think I should work for nowt, don't I deserve an income, if not what makes me different to everyone else, am I a green alien or something.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Welcome to the club Roger :thumb:. The way I see it is this. As you become older making a crust either becomes easier or harder, the older you get. It all depends on how much you have learned when you were younger :winky:.
I consider myself lucky, as my needs have never been great, so have never had to learn much :winky:.

bmb1uk

Free Member
Jan 1, 2010
LEICS
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
How about 3 nights for the price of 2, and some more signs. BAZ. :thumb:

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Can't you set up one of these 5 van sites and work out from there
Like in caravan club
We stopped on one in yarmouth 2 weeks ago the owner was great site spotless and I would recommend anytime 9 quid a night electric on meter
All he had was waste bins water and a Elsan dump
Goto start somewhere
Just although are the rules for rally's different as well

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Another one dig a hole fill water stock a few fish 7 quid a day and idiots like me pay you to feed your fish
You would be surprised how many look for a site with fishing
Breeding fish is farming right:winky:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
all very labour intensive and I struggle to grow my own fruit and veg, besides there is no layby for roadside selling and a farm shop would require planning permission and have about as much chance of that as winning the lottery.

They could pull into the site -you only need signs :winky:
terry

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Can't you set up one of these 5 van sites and work out from there
Like in caravan club
We stopped on one in yarmouth 2 weeks ago the owner was great site spotless and I would recommend anytime 9 quid a night electric on meter
All he had was waste bins water and a Elsan dump
Goto start somewhere
Just although are the rules for rally's different as well
We operated as a campsite for 2 years and things were picking up nicely, then the forum that issued the licence split into two and surrendered the right to issue a licence.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Thought ringleader JIM could issue licences? why does he not give you one ?we need more fun sites :thumb: Last time someone asked I think he had only two Red kite and another witch I forget -how much work is involved writing one
terry

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Thought ringleader JIM could issue licences? why does he not give you one ?we need more fun sites :thumb: Last time someone asked I think he had only two Red kite and another witch I forget -how much work is involved writing one
terry
Good idea but only Jim can answer this one.

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Widen your entrance, stone up some pitches that can be used all year, better sign outside. I can wake everyone up at about 7-30 am on a Tuesday as I pass in my work truck by beeping my horn. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back