Tyn Cornel Caravan & Camping Site - Bala (1 Viewer)

Mar 22, 2011
NE Wales
Funster No
MH
Chausson Best of 10
Exp
Since Feb 2013….2nd Van
screenshot8.jpg

Having a weekend at a nearby bolt hole. A couple of miles outside of Bala, staying at Tyn Cornel a decent sized, well equipped campsite opposite the National White Water Centre Wales. We watched the Welsh Kayaking/Canoe team train this morning, interesting to observe, it looks like hard work! One of the attached pics shows a young lad trying to canoe uphill!!!
We also walked up to the reservoir at Llyn Celyn. Great views, but very windy.

The campsite is well managed by the friendly couple who own it. Its clearly their pride and joy. The site has a good sized dog run, immaculate shower blocks and also has drive on disposal facilities for motorhomes. Amazingly, no analogue or digital signal(even van radio won't pick up), but my 3 signal is top notch so i'm actually using the phone to stream Radio 2(Finally getting my monies worth on the "All you can eat" plan).

Really enjoying our stay.

Jmn

Attachments

• DSC01005.jpg
    DSC01005.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC00998.jpg
    DSC00998.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC00988.jpg
    DSC00988.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Nice site for the white water but a bit too sterile a layout.
This is one of my favourites http://www.bwch-yn-uchaf.co.uk/ Near to the Lake Railway and only a 10 minute walk from the Eagle pub/restaurant (book for this very popular)
Site has hook ups and some pitches permit campfires.

OP
OP
journeyman
Mar 22, 2011
NE Wales
Funster No
MH
Chausson Best of 10
Exp
Since Feb 2013….2nd Van
Agree about the layout. We prefer to stay on basic CL's, but not a lot on offer in the Bala area unfortunately. Still a useful bolt hole, especially out of season.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
If you are going into Bala for Sunday lunch, I can recommend the Plas CocH pub, we were there earlier in the year and its proper home cooked food. Get there early though as a lot of local people use it , always a good sign :thumb:
Enjoy. John

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Note to self: check the prices before hitting the "Thanks" button :Eeek: :roflmto:

I'd better pick someone up along the way, and cram them into the campervan, to get my money's worth! ::bigsmile: I'm guessing they don't get many solo visitors.

OP
OP
journeyman
Mar 22, 2011
NE Wales
Funster No
MH
Chausson Best of 10
Exp
Since Feb 2013….2nd Van
Note to self: check the prices before hitting the "Thanks" button :Eeek: :roflmto:

We treat ourselves occasionally :) This was actually a visit we paid for back in March when we first got the van and were still learning the ropes, but it got postponed because of Snowmaggedon. I do wonder at the costs and business sense though, especially as CL's are normally about £15 max. This site is actually very quiet at the moment, I think they would be better off dropping the prices out of season and getting bums on seats. Similar to Trawsdir at Barmouth

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back