Free Member
Nov 2, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
18 months
Got one of these atop my van (was fitted by a previous owner), the one that looks like a flying saucer. I don't think its working though. The red LED lights up and the switches work ok but I'm not getting any signal on my TV. Had the front of the control box off and checked the 2 glass fuses and thy're ok so what else can it be? I remade the coax lead at the TV end and all that's left is to get up on the roof and look at the other end (don't fancy doing that today, its raining). Am I missing something obvious, I get a good picture with my indoor aerial so what's up wi t'other?

Mind you, I always thought (and still do) that Status twigs are for show only. Can't beat a 6mtr pole and some gaffa tape to stick a yagi up! Well that's my view (pardon the pun) anyway.

Discuss, anyone?

Bennyheaven

Free Member
Aug 27, 2012
Pleasley.notts.
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
25 years
status aerials

I've one on mine, it gets a signal once in ten.also got anIMAGE aerial kit (poles and aerial) and it gets a signal/picture every time. The saucer one now just covers a hole in the roof.USELESS!, terry

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
How old is it? Could it be one that only works with analogue signals, and since these have all been turned off you will not get anything.

Lunarman

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JOHNSTEY

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Our fourth glorious year!
How old is it? Could it be one that only works with analogue signals, and since these have all been turned off you will not get anything.

Lunarman

Exactly what happened with us.Bought the van from a dealer...with fitted Status Aerial..worked fine at dealers ...drove down to the west country where they had gone digital..not a dicky bird. Had to fork out for a new Status Digital Aerial! Not chuffed!:Angry:

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
Our flying saucer gets a signal in most places. Was useless during the two years of changeover but now the whole country has gone digital, we get a signal most places, sometimes only a few channels, sometimes lots.

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
We got one of the lozenge shape thingies works brill only not had a signal once
Watched Cora from Calais aires or at lest Elaine did I went for a beer

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
i had the same thing with my status and Lunarman has got it right the ariel wasnt digital so i got a newer status and that works great

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Ours was always bloody useless, even with the signal booster on. We binned it.

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
I find it works well or not at all.
Saltfleet for instance, no need to fart about with sat dish.
All progs magic signal, no interference from nearby pylon line.
Same at Misterton 2 years ago.
Last year at Misterton signal was crap, used sat.

A bit here and there, depending on how it feels.
Are all Staus aerials therefore female?:winky:
:hardhat:

I'll get me coat.

My real name is ShiftZZ, I will be at Misterton.

Last edited:

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Well I stripped ours down checked all connections and found the cable from the circuit board as not fixed right and when I "wiggled" it the picture came and went. If it correctly and checked the other end and now I get a great picture. Sometimes however there are many channels (like now in Germany) and others like outside Dawns parents only 12 or so.
Works well most of the time. Now however that I have a Sat dish I only use it when winds are to strong.

freelanderuk

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
Saltfleet/Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Since the digital switch over we all way seam to get a picture now with our flying saucer ariel and have not used the sat dish as much

stevensson10

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
normanton
Funster No
MH
fiat ducatti auto rller 5
Exp
im a newbie
aerial

I too have a status one and it works fine but everywhere I go I have to retune the tv in have you tried that.incidenly mine is a 1998 so its not a new one and works fine when tvs retuned regards steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back