Clent Hills CCC Site - Bus Stop Idiocy (1 Viewer)

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Am currently staying on this site for a few days before heading for the Stratford Show. Asked the wardens where the bus stop was for Halesowen and was directed to The Sun PH on the main road (B4551) - best part of a mile from the caravan site. Fair enough, I don't mind a bit of a walk.

When the bus arrived I was a bit surprised to see it pull out from the lane I'd just walked along for 20 mins instead of coming straight down the main road from Bromsgrove. I asked the driver and it turns out there are bus stops spread out along that lane - the nearest one being less than half a mile from the caravan site! It is just to the side of the Country Store's gates, by the postbox. No bus stop sign but that's the place.

On my return I asked the warden why I was directed to walk twice as far as was necessary to catch the bus. Apparently a while ago a disabled lady from the caravan site was sitting back from the road, the bus driver didn't see her so sailed on past. On account of that one incident anyone who asks the wardens for the bus stop is sent all the way to the main road, with no mention made of that much nearer stop. Ludicrous! Apparently I can be trusted to drive an 8m motorhome along those narrow access lanes, but can't be trusted to stop a bus for myself. :RollEyes:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Am currently staying on this site for a few days before heading for the Stratford Show. Asked the wardens where the bus stop was for Halesowen and was directed to The Sun PH on the main road (B4551) - best part of a mile from the caravan site. Fair enough, I don't mind a bit of a walk.

When the bus arrived I was a bit surprised to see it pull out from the lane I'd just walked along for 20 mins instead of coming straight down the main road from Bromsgrove. I asked the driver and it turns out there are bus stops spread out along that lane - the nearest one being less than half a mile from the caravan site! It is just to the side of the Country Store's gates, by the postbox. No bus stop sign but that's the place.

On my return I asked the warden why I was directed to walk twice as far as was necessary to catch the bus. Apparently a while ago a disabled lady from the caravan site was sitting back from the road, the bus driver didn't see her so sailed on past. On account of that one incident anyone who asks the wardens for the bus stop is sent all the way to the main road, with no mention made of that much nearer stop. Ludicrous! Apparently I can be trusted to drive an 8m motorhome along those narrow access lanes, but can't be trusted to [HI]stop a bus for myself[/HI]. :RollEyes:

Just Growl at it Maz:Eeek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!

On my return I asked the warden why I was directed to walk twice as far as was necessary to catch the bus. Apparently a while ago a disabled lady from the caravan site was sitting back from the road, the bus driver didn't see her so sailed on past. On account of that one incident anyone who asks the wardens for the bus stop is sent all the way to the main road, with no mention made of that much nearer stop. Ludicrous! [HI]Apparently I can be trusted to drive an 8m motorhome along those narrow access lanes, but can't be trusted to stop a bus for myself[/HI]. :RollEyes:

But none of us can park it correctly on our/their pitch

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Ooops!

I've just come from there as my mom lives about 500 yards from the bus stop. That's village life for you :roflmto:

I grew up in that village. It was hourly even back in those days and woe betide you if you just missed it and got to school late!

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Ooops!

I've just come from there as my mom lives about 500 yards from the bus stop. That's village life for you :roflmto:

I grew up in that village. It was hourly even back in those days and woe betide you if you just missed it and got to school late!

The bus driver was lovely and very helpful - pointed out all the stops along that lane. Says he's always telling people about that nearer stop - and he mentioned it again to the warden himself yesterday! :RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Worth pointing out the shortcoming on the C&CC site review page Maz. Some (most) site teams are great but there are always 'jobsworths' and 'elf & safety' ditherers in some places.

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Worth pointing out the shortcoming on the C&CC site review page Maz. Some (most) site teams are great but there are always 'jobsworths' and 'elf & safety' ditherers in some places.

Suppose I should really - will wait until I've left tho'. :winky:

Then there was the Exeter Racecourse CC site bus stop fiasco - but this was down to the bus company not the wardens. A bus stop right outside the racecourse - but only if you want to go to Newton Abbot, not Exeter. However, if you do go by bus into Newton Abbot you can not get off the bus at the racecourse on the way back. Instead you will sail past and be deposited at the bottom of that long hill. Or you can stay on the bus, go into Exeter and wait for it to head back out towards Newton Abbot again. :RollEyes:

However, the wardens there were lovely and gave me a lift into Exeter when they went in for their weekly shop. Then I could catch the bus back. :Smile:

The CC site guide mentions that buses go to Newton Abbot but does not explicitly say that you can not go directly by bus into Exeter which, as you are not far from Exeter and on a bus route headed to Exeter, you tend to assume you will be able to do. You can go by bus into Exeter - but only via Newton Abbot! :RollEyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back