Beware,have you really got a drive? (1 Viewer)

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
Following on from the insurance and licence thread......
Mrs Vlad works for an insurance firm and after returning from netball I was discussing this thread.She confirmed that the licence etc was now a requirement then also said her company was now using google earth to check whether you have a driveway and garage if that it where you are saying it is parked............so beware!!!!!!

Vlad

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i can google mine to nice place in spain . but i dont live there .
i googled a park up went on street view and there was mine and a mates . so it must be our park up.

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
I just went on streetview for my house and unfortunately it is an old picture. It shows my driving school car parked outside (which I haven't done for a good while) and it is pre-purpose made motorhome drive and parking.
Insurers will have to have a site visit if they want to verify that I have the correct parking. ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I just went on streetview for my house and unfortunately it is an old picture. It shows my driving school car parked outside (which I haven't done for a good while) and it is pre-purpose made motorhome drive and parking.
Insurers will have to have a site visit if they want to verify that I have the correct parking. ::bigsmile:

We've got the opposite. Original Street View pictures were at the wrong angle to look up our drive but they came round again last September and now there is a perfect view from the street to the garage with the van in its normal place to one side.

What might catch some people out is if there is a verge between the road and pavement and they park on the tarmac laid for them to cross the verge to reach their premises. Many people assume that is part of their drive but, in reality, it is part of the highway.

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Google Earth/Maps is 5 years out of date for my street...so for some addresses the problem isn't just going to be a lack of a drive....there's going to be a lack of any kind of house :roflmto:

"Sorry sir....your insurance is now void...you appear to be living in a field..."

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
Google Earth/Maps is 5 years out of date for my street...so for some addresses the problem isn't just going to be a lack of a drive....there's going to be a lack of any kind of house :roflmto:

"Sorry sir....your insurance is now void...you appear to be living in a field..."

Google is just another tool in the big brother arsnel.
We live in a ever increasing Nanny state
God help us in the next ten years

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
After reading pappajohns post I checked Google Earth.

That is way out of date too, so I hope they don't expect to query everyone who says they have a drive to park on.
It's gonna take 'em a long time to do all of those site visits, 'cos I for one wouldn't send them a picture out of sheer bloody mindedness ::bigsmile:

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
We had the insurance company visit to to inspect the MH as they will do in the next few weeks with the new one. Here the concern is hail stone damage and that people buy cheaper damaged vehicles and then later on claim it happened under their ownership and the insurance has to pay out, hence the companies are wary and make a check. Good sense really.

Also they insisted to check the storage location as ours is at a farm, guess they're nervous of rogue cows with heavy bells:roflmto:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
After reading pappajohns post I checked Google Earth.

[HI]That is way out of date too,[/HI] so I hope they don't expect to query everyone who says they have a drive to park on.
It's gonna take 'em a long time to do all of those site visits, 'cos I for one wouldn't send them a picture out of sheer bloody mindedness ::bigsmile:

Yes, but the haywains are picturesque :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
I noticed this when I renewed one of our vehicles with another company. It was listed down as being 'on driveway' - he then said 'Oh yes, I have it now. That is more like private land, so i'll put it down as that'

So that would suggest that they are checking!:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back