How can I fulltime? (1 Viewer)

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
I'd love to pack it all in and head off fulltiming, taking the better half with me of course. Trouble is we are not at a position to retire yet, in fact plenty of years to go. We would need to have some sort of employment to generate an income. I'm looking for suggestions from the experienced fulltimers or anyone else that has reasonable suggestions. I have been thinking of house sitting in Europe but can't find much info on how much we could expect as an income from it. I'm sure I will get some practicle suggestions ......... as well as some others.:thumb:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
If you have no other income than full time work and you would be relying on living from work income in Europe it would be a very meagre existence indeed.
Unless you have a special skill very few survive on what they can earn abroad as full timers. I do know a few house sitters, but what they get from it only tops up there pension and gives them somewhere to park up free of charge. They certainly would never be able to live from the house sitting income.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Why not rent the house out to fund your travel?

if you dont like the lifestyle you can always move back in:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
or turn your house into a brothel....always money in that business, as you rent the rooms by the hour :ROFLMAO:

voyagerstan

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
torquay sometimes
Funster No
MH
library bus (ford voyager
Exp
since1976
asuming you have a house with some equity in it renting it out is an idea we did this 20 odd years ago . we would go away for the winter and i would work in the summer (we live in the van fulltime) . you have to watch the penies though . :thumb: stan

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i used to come back in summer and work through an agency . usually driving . but could earn enough to go away in winter . its finding the niche that works for you .

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
better still drive sewage trucks . exempt lots of regs . earn real good money.
no tacho . etc .

Last edited:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i drove for a local waste management company . did it for 8 years through an agency . mind i usually got a telephone call from the local depot as soon as i got back. then i told the agency i was back.
sometimes i drove skips or ro/ro,s but mainly doing sewage work. most drivers dont like the sewage work. find out who does it in your area .
i always came back in time for may bank holidays and worked every bank holiday in the summer . always on 24hr call out .
did do other work as well . long distance . international . but preferred sewage . found i got on well with the sewage works staff and there bosses . but for 5 months worked flat out . then rested for the rest of year.
some refuse driving can be tacho exempt as well . again many dont want to be a dustman . never bothered me .

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
i drove for a local waste management company . did it for 8 years through an agency . mind i usually got a telephone call from the local depot as soon as i got back. then i told the agency i was back.
sometimes i drove skips or ro/ro,s but mainly doing sewage work. most drivers dont like the sewage work. find out who does it in your area .
i always came back in time for may bank holidays and worked every bank holiday in the summer . always on 24hr call out .
did do other work as well . long distance . international . but preferred sewage . found i got on well with the sewage works staff and there bosses . but for 5 months worked flat out . then rested for the rest of year.
some refuse driving can be tacho exempt as well . again many dont want to be a dustman . never bothered me .

Used to drive a sewerage truck in my dim and distant past but only an old 5 ton Bedford long nose, never got my Hgv though started farming instead:Doh: used to go down sewers with a vacy pipe , no ropes or gas warnings no nowt but as you say got on well with everyone on the same job

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
as they say where i come from where theres muck theres money .
i was born in sunny donny.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i think theres loads of work all over uk .just some dont want to do it .
my lad came back in april .within 2 weeks got a job . my mate went back to scotland to take up taxi job .
its there if you want it .
mind loads of hgv jobs here .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back