Newbie at meets and rallys, whats the form? (1 Viewer)

gazza280

Free Member
Sep 26, 2012
Worthing
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Hi Funsters

Been on the site for a while now. Few posts and got some good advice from others, but taken the plunge and bought an Autocruise Starblazer XL.
Toured it round Scotland for a good run out and loving it. Can't wait to explore UK and Europe.

Now I can finally get the most out of the site and meet some funsters at rally's and meets.
As a relative newbie to social etiquette at meets, just want to be sure what to do when I arrive.
I assume that funsters all park close to each other and then we can have a few introductions and put a few faces to the names.

Obviously I'll stock up with a few beers for sharing and a few bottles of fruit based alcoholic beverage for the ladies, but I don't want to stand out like a total newbie.
So any advice please?

I am going to put a sign in the cab with my funster name on so if you see an Autocruise Starblazer at a meet soon with a driver with a ridiculously big smile on his face that will be me. ( gazza280 )

Looking forward to making some new friends and joining the community so if you see my van please come over and say hi!! ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Think you are on the right track :thumb:
Hi Funsters

Been on the site for a while now. Few posts and got some good advice from others, but taken the plunge and bought an Autocruise Starblazer XL.
Toured it round Scotland for a good run out and loving it. Can't wait to explore UK and Europe.

Now I can finally get the most out of the site and meet some funsters at rally's and meets.
Go for it Stratford next week and Malvern are always real good fun rallys, as was Wrenbury, if you watch Penelepe Pitstops video you could get the idea.
As a relative newbie to social etiquette at meets, just want to be sure what to do when I arrive.
No worries there, the rally Marshall will meet you and explain what is going on

I assume that funsters all park close to each other and then we can have a few introductions and put a few faces to the names.
Yes that usually happens, but funsters are a friendly lot don't be shy just say hello and you will be surprised how easy it all is.

Obviously I'll stock up with a few beers for sharing and a few bottles of fruit based alcoholic beverage for the ladies, but I don't want to stand out like a total newbie.
So any advice please?

Sounds as if you are getting the idea:Smile:

I am going to put a sign in the cab with my funster name on so if you see an Autocruise Starblazer at a meet soon with a driver with a ridiculously big smile on his face that will be me. ( gazza280 )
Look forward to saying hello

Looking forward to making some new friends and joining the community so if you see my van please come over and say hi!! ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Nowt to worry about.

When you arrive at the event you'll be directed to the Fun area where the rally marshalls will help you park up and make sure you are OK.

There is a template for a window sign in the Downloads area Link Removed. All ready for adding your name in Word or Open Office, printing and (if you like) laminating.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Hi Funsters

[HI]Obviously I'll stock up with a few beers for sharing and a few bottles of fruit based alcoholic beverage for the ladies, but I don't want to stand out like a total newbie.
So any advice please?
[/HI]

You will be fine :winky:

But let me warn ya, its the ladies that drink the Beer and the Men who have the cocktails in this club.:Cool:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
As for advice?

You will need to improve your table dancing to fit in if Carols there :roflmto:

M

Madwife

Deleted User
You will be fine :winky:

But let me warn ya, its the ladies that drink the Beer and the Men who have the cocktails in this club.:Cool:

I was just thinking the same thing! Welcome to the madhouse aka funsters at a meet:ROFLMAO: its all good fun and you can join in as much or as little as you want.

Kath

enery8

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
FFB Tabbert Classic 660
Exp
towing for 20 odd years but now have our first motorhome.
We went to Newbury last month as total newbies. When we arrived we were given a card to put in the front window with our names and forum name on and name badges. We found it very easy to integrate and had a great time. There were a number of newbies at Newbury and all who wanted to join in were made more than welcome.::bigsmile:
The one thing to remember is that you are the one who makes the decision to become part of the Fun - nobody will force you to join in, there is no press gang. ::bigsmile:
If you want to be part of it you have to make the effort. If you do then the reward is a great rally/meet and lots of fun and new friends.:thumb::thumb:
We had a great time and booked Stratford and Malvern when we got home. :thumb:
Don't sit in your van waiting for someone to come and invite you to join in, it won't happen.:Doh:

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi & Welcome from along the coast ,The isle of Wight. as said before all very informal at meets everybody's willing to muck in but there's no pressure, We went to our first meet last year at Shepton Mallet had a great time ,when we got back booked 2 more Stratford and Shrewsbury for this year. Give it a try.
Terry:rain::sin::rain:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
cruiser

we went to the thetford bash.had a great time.one of the best weekend ever.but as was said before,you have to join in.we want to get to know you.so jus say hello.and we will bore you to death,with our tales of fun with our motorhomes.then you can do the same. ps I ike sellla.:ROFLMAO::thumb::thumb:.welcome.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back