Adapter for external BBQ point (1 Viewer)

Jan 1, 2013
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu 640
Exp
since May 2013
Hello all, we took the motorhome away for the 1st night last week, all went very well. It has an external BBQ point, but we assume we need an adapter to fit to the BBQ gas hose in order to connect it up. Can anyone advise me whether they are a universal type fitting or not. I don't want to buy one online only to find its the wrong type. Thank you:Smile:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
there are a couple of types, a photo would get you an exact answer

OP
OP
JACQ
Jan 1, 2013
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu 640
Exp
since May 2013
Thank you for your very prompt reply, this forum is brilliant! I will post a photo when my better half comes home from work. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
There are two commonly installed external LPG points: Reich and Bullfinch. The former is often fitted to continental vans if specified abroad or at time of manufacture. The Bullfinch is more commonly used in the UK. The CAK units may be the same as the Reich unit but I do not know.

Attached are pictures of the two types mentioned to help with your identification. Also, if you go to the CAK website http://www.caktanks.co.uk/ and look at the 'download catalogue' option, the LPG points are on page 61.

Note: The Reich fitting is available with and without the red stop-tap shown in the photo below.

Attachments

• Reich.jpg
    Reich.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 280
  • Bullfinch.jpg
    Bullfinch.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp

Attachments

• Gemini Outlet Nozzle.jpg
    Gemini Outlet Nozzle.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

mdixon

Free Member
Nov 7, 2012
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner T660
Exp
Just a pet Hate

A BBQ uses Charcoal - you dont need gas, go inside if you want to cook on gas:Doh:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Just a pet Hate

A BBQ uses Charcoal - you dont need gas, go inside if you want to cook on gas:Doh:
it depends why and where you use a BBQ. Charcoal is a known carcinogenic. though does impart a specific flavour to your burnt offerings.
it is bulky, not always available, leaves hot ash to be disposed of and generally can make a mess. Some people swear by it.

Others BBQ to keep the smell and moisture out of the van especially for fish and curries. Some need to cook over a long period such as at a rally. For these gas is preferred (rally fields may not permit open fires but are ok with BBQ's) Everyone carries gas and it results in cleaner cooked food.

How and why you use a BBQ is a personal choice, if we were all the same life would be boring.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
We use our bbq outlet for our camping kitchen which we prefer to cook on in nice weather..

Gas barbecues are great too :Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Hello all, we took the motorhome away for the 1st night last week, all went very well. It has an external BBQ point, but we assume we need an adapter to fit to the BBQ gas hose in order to connect it up. Can anyone advise me whether they are a universal type fitting or not. I don't want to buy one online only to find its the wrong type. Thank you:Smile:

If you need one like this I have a spare unused and will be bringing it up to Stratford

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 29

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back