Aug 27, 2007
East Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Too Long
Anyone feeling adventurous?

A very good friend of mine is planning a long distance trip next year, for part of it he needs to link up with at least two other motorhomes in order to share costs.

1) Experienced travellers preferred.
2) Well maintained, fully self contained motorhome essential.
3) They generally prefer to travel independently, however one country requires that foreign vehicles travel together on a pre-planned route with a guide. We need to travel together for this county only.
4) They expect to be travelling for at least 6 months.

If anyone's interested in more details please email direct: andy(at)bm-services.co.uk

If this trip was being organised a few years we would be first in the queue but unfortunately we are well passed long distance travel these days.

Safe travelling.

Don

Last edited:

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Hi Don

I guess they maybe thinking of China, you definately need at least three to share those costs.

If they struggle, they could look at the Silk Route Club, they have an english branch that I am a member off, they had some members go to china last year and I think that there could some be interest for 2014 trip. They tend to have a variety of vehicle but some did it in normal motorhomes.

Pm me if you can find a link to them and if they need any help.

Pat

http://www.xor.org.uk/silkroute/ and look at there yahoo group type forum.

Last edited:

UKMotorhomes

Free Member
Mar 6, 2011
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
4x4 camper truck
Exp
More than 30!
Hi Pat,

Spot on - China it is :Smile:

We are Silk Route Network members and have posted details of our proposal on the Group. Unfortunately no other member's plans really fit with ours.

BTW, thanks to Don for posting our request, I don't get on here very often...

Andy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 13, 2012
West Mids
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 6-2
Exp
since 2012
Hi Don

I guess they maybe thinking of China, you definately need at least three to share those costs.

If they struggle, they could look at the Silk Route Club, they have an english branch that I am a member off, they had some members go to china last year and I think that there could some be interest for 2014 trip. They tend to have a variety of vehicle but some did it in normal motorhomes.

Pm me if you can find a link to them and if they need any help.

Pat

http://www.xor.org.uk/silkroute/ and look at there yahoo group type forum.

Just curios, why would cost more?

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Hi Andy

Thats a shame, are you going to Malvern silk route weekend, we arent as we are going to Willys treffen in Germany.

Are you going to Adventure Overland september weekend.

Bgclick
In China you have to have a tourist guide with you all the time, which for 3 months which would cost around 8,000 dollars, I might be well off with the price but I know my friends paid a lot.

Also you have to have some sort of driving test when entering china.

Pat

UKMotorhomes

Free Member
Mar 6, 2011
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
4x4 camper truck
Exp
More than 30!
Hi Andy

Thats a shame, are you going to Malvern silk route weekend, we arent as we are going to Willys treffen in Germany.
No - we were able to go to last years as the date was moved back a week so it didn't clash with a local festival that we always attend. This year the SRMN weekend is back to the beginning of September so sadly we won't be going.
Are you going to Adventure Overland september weekend.
Yes :Smile:
Bgclick
In China you have to have a tourist guide with you all the time, which for 3 months which would cost around 8,000 dollars, I might be well off with the price but I know my friends paid a lot.

Also you have to have some sort of driving test when entering China.

Pat
Yes, China is very bureaucratic, you have to have a guide and travel an agreed route. There is also a vehicle inspection, temporary vehicle registration, customs deposit, compulsory vehicle insurance and accident insurance. The good tour companies are well versed in dealing with all this so it is normally relatively painless, but time consuming, at the border. Tour company costs work out around 5500GBP each, for 3 motorhomes for 90 days.

Andy

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Have you looked at petrostroika or seabridge tours for china, mind you far too many people in the group for my liking.

But might suit others who want some of the planning and know how catered for.

(individually as quoted it would be over £5000 each motorhome for 90 days ouch)

See you at Overland Adventure.

Pat

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
last winter we met loads that had just come back . some in a group others individual. one said he didnt have a guide and went where ever he wanted . mind long way to go to get it wrong . amazing how many normal campers in normal m,homes are getting into long travels . the world is definately getting smaller.

UKMotorhomes

Free Member
Mar 6, 2011
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
4x4 camper truck
Exp
More than 30!
Have you looked at petrostroika or seabridge tours for china, mind you far too many people in the group for my liking.

But might suit others who want some of the planning and know how catered for.

(individually as quoted it would be over £5000 each motorhome for 90 days ouch)
Yes, I've looked at those big tours - too many motorhomes! I would much prefer the DIY approach and a small group.
See you at Overland Adventure.
Will do!

Andy

UKMotorhomes

Free Member
Mar 6, 2011
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
4x4 camper truck
Exp
More than 30!
last winter we met loads that had just come back . some in a group others individual. one said he didnt have a guide and went where ever he wanted . mind long way to go to get it wrong . amazing how many normal campers in normal m,homes are getting into long travels . the world is definately getting smaller.
Hi Alan :Smile:
It's only those driving their own vehicles into China that must have a guide. Don't know how you could even get into China in a vehicle without a guide, never mind drive around, there are fairly frequent police checks I understand.

Andy

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
sounds like a great adventure. A little too soon for us, but definitely something we would consider.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back