Free Member
Oct 2, 2011
Widnes,Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 years
Afternoon all,on this glorious day,went away on thursday after work got back lunchtime today,weather superb.Down side my fresh water tank as sprung a bad leak.I rang Star Spangled Spanner,he could not do any thing,Ive tried sealing itbut to no avail.So some sujestive input would be grately received..everybody av a nice week end.:Smile::Angry:THE BANDIT

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
Hi Bandit
For a quick temporary repair you could try EVO-STIK Plumbers Mate...It's an epoxy putty seals under water and is for pipes,tanks etc, I've used it pretty good you can get from most DIY places and some Tesco shops stock it
When you get home dry the tank out and repair it with Arraldite resin if the hole isn't too big.

Good Luck :thumb:

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
plumbers mate isnt much good for sealing holes its more for sealing waste fittings and as a bedding for taps
its goiing to depend on whats actually leaking a hole in the tank can be filled with araldite or similar but unless youve been cross country its more likely to be a pipe or tank connector thats worked loose that will need refixing or replacing

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
bandit

bandit

Free Member
Oct 2, 2011
Widnes,Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 years
thx Tony

Hi tony,thanks for the thread,im afraid its a bit more than a hole,its leaking like sieve,out of many holes.Sent C.A.K tanks an email to see if they can put an after market tank in,So i will av to use potable water tank for the moment.Thx again Tony.:thumb:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Fiamma tank any good?
Fiamma 70 Litre Fresh Water Tank

The Fiamma 70 Litre Fresh Water Tank made of non-toxic material. It can be installed either vertically or horizontally. Comes complete with all necessary fittings for installation.
Water inlet pipe size Ø38mm and air outlet Ø13mm. 70 Litre capacity tank ideal for conversions or replacement. Comes Complete with fixings
Size: 700mm Width x 240mm Height x 470mm Depth

Peter

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
plumbers mate isnt much good for sealing holes its more for sealing waste fittings and as a bedding for taps
its goiing to depend on whats actually leaking a hole in the tank can be filled with araldite or similar but unless youve been cross country its more likely to be a pipe or tank connector thats worked loose that will need refixing or replacing
you are thinking of different stuff with the same name
http://www.bostik.co.uk/diy/product/evo-stik/Plumbers-Mait-Quick-Leak-Repair-Putty-/128

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Fiamma tank any good?
Fiamma 70 Litre Fresh Water Tank

The Fiamma 70 Litre Fresh Water Tank made of non-toxic material. It can be installed either vertically or horizontally. Comes complete with all necessary fittings for installation.
Water inlet pipe size Ø38mm and air outlet Ø13mm. 70 Litre capacity tank ideal for conversions or replacement. Comes Complete with fixings
Size: 700mm Width x 240mm Height x 470mm Depth

Peter

That's quite a good price Peter :thumb: less the funsters discount of course ::bigsmile:
terry

OP
OP
bandit

bandit

Free Member
Oct 2, 2011
Widnes,Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 years
thanks Peter

I might av to resort to the fiama tank,if C.A.K cant come up with something.I wont know till they get back to me.Thanks again for your imput.:thumb:.THE BANDIT,aka PHIL

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
gf fabrications in hull will make any tank to order very reasonable and fast service im sure they could copy your original

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
always good to know about companies that can do bespoke work. often off the shelf parts just dont match original parts

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
when reinstalling the tank, whether repaired or replaced, add a sheet of aluminium chequer plate to the underside to protect from damage from beneath

OP
OP
bandit

bandit

Free Member
Oct 2, 2011
Widnes,Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 years
Thanks Papajon

THanks for that useful thread,ive bookmarked it,also a good idea to put cheqer plate on bottom stop damage.I will look into it tomorrow.Thanks again everybody,who has given me a lot of useful info,i will keep you posted how im doin.This is what forums are all about,people giving info,much appreciated.:thumb:...THE BANDIT,aka Phil

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back